Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Flameless candles (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/flameless-candles-t203099.html)

SherriB 10-13-2012 07:29 AM

Flameless candles

I love candles and the ambience they give to a room. But with furry kitties and young grandchildren, I would seldom burn them. I was watching QVC the other day and they had a show about candles--flameless ones. I ordered two of the luminara ones and even hubby loved them. I just made sure not to tell him how much they were. LOL! I especially love the auto timer feature.

I am now obsessed with finding flameless candles that look real but not quite as expensive as the luminara ones. I ordered a Candle Impressions and another brand from Amazon.

Does anyone else love flameless candles? And if so, what brand do you use?

Thumbelina 10-13-2012 08:40 AM

Hi Sherri, I have the flame less candles too and for the same reasons. I bought my at Wally World in the light bulb section. They're made by the Sylvania Co., and has the timer too. I got mine for about $9.99 each.

janRN 10-13-2012 08:47 AM

When Patches wags his tail, it's candle height if I have one burning on the end table. I love the flameless candles and got a set of 4 or 5 at Costco last year. I even bought a bunch of the tealight size at the Dollar Store to use in a small ceramic pumpkin set I have. They kinda flicker. Much safer in my house!

elseebee 10-13-2012 12:05 PM

I use only the flameless candles these days because I live in a big house and sometimes forget to check that I've blown out the flame before going to another part of the house. If you go to Costco, they have a great set of 6 (2 of 3 different sizes) that are not only flameless, but they are remote controlled! This has been wonderful for my Christmas decorating because I can use them in windows that are 14' high and on shelves that are above the lower windows in my great room. I also use the ones with timers at lower levels that I can reach to turn off if I'm not going to be home and don't want to waste batteries. You can find them at Wal-mart, K-mart, any department stores at this time of year. And, as always, I love to find them on sale!

GrandmaNewt 10-13-2012 12:11 PM

Sams Club usually has a selection of flameless candles during the holiday season. Its always nice to find them on markdown towards the end of of the year.

Crqltr 10-13-2012 12:44 PM

Khols had the candles with the timers....

nativetexan 10-13-2012 01:11 PM

that's not the oil ones is it? I noticed they don't do many commercials on those anymore. too dangerous.

Scraps 10-13-2012 03:47 PM

Love the flameless candles!! Especially the ones with timers. Mine are from QVC. I did find some really pretty ones at a nice giftshop, but they were pricey.

Caroline S 10-14-2012 07:09 AM

I also purchased the set of flameless candles at Costco. I love candles but the fumes give me headaches. I use my candles as nightlights at the top of the stairs and on the landing where there are not electrical outlets. I also placed a candle in each of the bathrooms which are interior bathrooms without windows.

And yes, I also have three wagging tail Labrador Retrievers and one inquisitive, always into trouble cat. Regular candles would not be a good idea.

Stitchnripper 10-14-2012 10:16 AM

I have flameless candles. They run on batteries. Like them.