Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Freezing in Florida (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/freezing-florida-t82630.html)

Rosyhf 12-13-2010 03:52 PM

It's freezing here in Longwood fl. I can't believe it. I am going to knit tonight as my studio is a bit cold.

How are my Floridian sisters doing in this cold weather. How is it working out for yah! lol

I am getting in my nice warm bed with my Molly and hubby can join me if he wants to lol, but I am sure he is going to be watching his games and races in his room until later.

I am going to take a rest from the christmas diamond star quilt, It has made me tired lol.....knitting will be a nice change tonight...

Cyn 12-13-2010 04:08 PM

I am cold too. My break from sewing is going to be paying the bills- Yuk- but it has to be done!

JUNEC 12-13-2010 04:09 PM

I HATE COLD WEATHER - that's why I moved to FL to be warm- I can't believe it is going to be below freezing tonight
I am in bed with my lap top & a cup of coffee, trying to stay warm.

Thinking about putting a fire on as well.

Have to take my grey's out later - not looking forward to it.

Ditter43 12-13-2010 04:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's 37 here in Crystal River! It's only 7p.m.Gonna be a long, cold night!

Ditter43 12-13-2010 04:18 PM

oops!

mrspete 12-13-2010 04:20 PM

I lived down there for thirty+ years and I miss it until now. Warmer weather I'll be singing it again! Best thing about weather in FL it does not usually stay one way long. But here in NC, it's been a freeze for two weeks or better. I'm sooo tired of it, brrrrrr.

Blessings
Ruth

Kmshir 12-13-2010 04:21 PM

It's 15 degree, 5 inches of snow on the ground and calling for more snow / freezing rain for Wednesday here in Kentucky....I'm ready for SUMMER!!!! cause I can't wish I was in Florida..... LOL

Luv Quilts and Cats 12-13-2010 04:25 PM

Sorry you folks in Florida are so cold. I can't believe how far down south the snow and cold has gone so early this year. I'm in Southern NH and we have had no snow yet. One morning last week, it was 8 degrees, when I got up though! I don't mind the cold, cuz I can always get warm. Don't like the snow too much if I have to get to work or somewhere else and drive through it. My avatar has found the warmest places in the house by now. She is such a comfy seeker! I hope your cold spell does not last too long!

DeneK 12-13-2010 04:26 PM

I am in SW Ga about 30 miles N of Tallahassee and it is 35 here. Brrrr! Got a cup of hot tea and sitting in front of a little heater (in addition to regular house heat).

stewyscrewy 12-13-2010 04:27 PM

well this floridian brother is freezing as well.I hope you have put extra quilts on your beds. I have dug out a few myself. I now have 4 quilts on my bed, cant find the plug for my lectric blanket.Stay warm and bundle up y'all. What ever happend to our beautiful warm sunny state. brrrrrrr