Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   FW New use (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/fw-new-use-t204803.html)

psychonurse 11-01-2012 04:22 AM

FW New use

I was assisting a daughter to reposition my patient in the recliner so her feet would be elevated.
When the foot stool came up and all was well, I looked down and ask the daughter, is there
a FW in this case? She said yes we use it to prop the foot stool up, its been in our family for years.
She showed it to me and its in much better shape cosmetic wise than mine are.
LOl

GrandmaPeggy 11-01-2012 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by psychonurse (Post 5627112)
I was assisting a daughter to reposition my patient in the recliner so her feet would be elevated.
When the foot stool came up and all was well, I looked down and ask the daughter, is there
a FW in this case? She said yes we use it to prop the foot stool up, its been in our family for years.
She showed it to me and its in much better shape cosmetic wise than mine are.
LOl

So.... Did you tell her what a treasure the family had? Did you offer a "new" foot stool in exchange?

alleyoop1 11-01-2012 05:48 AM

Okay, I give up....what is a FW?

willferg 11-01-2012 06:24 AM

FW -- Featherweight? Those very old, vintage Singer sewing machines?

Jingle 11-01-2012 01:21 PM

I would have gone to the store and bought something to hold it up and taken off with the FW.

quiltmom04 11-02-2012 06:48 AM

After my grandmother died, the ladies from the church quilting group came to say that she said she would give them the treadle machine that my grandfather had electrified. Her death was quite unexpected, and we were so disoriented that we let them take it. Later, I thought,they didn't necessarily want THAT machine, they just wanted A machine to quilt with, and if I'd have my wits about me,I would have bought then a little singer and kept my grandmothers machine. But it was too late. I'd get a nice footstool and make an offer on the FW!

MimiBug123 11-02-2012 09:11 AM

I would definitely offer to trade a brand new fancy foot stool for that old FW. Heavens above!

MimiBug123 11-02-2012 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04 (Post 5629554)
After my grandmother died, the ladies from the church quilting group came to say that she said she would give them the treadle machine that my grandfather had electrified. Her death was quite unexpected, and we were so disoriented that we let them take it. Later, I thought,they didn't necessarily want THAT machine, they just wanted A machine to quilt with, and if I'd have my wits about me,I would have bought then a little singer and kept my grandmothers machine. But it was too late. I'd get a nice footstool and make an offer on the FW!

I would see if they would take a trade on it still and explain the situation! I sure wouldn't use my FW to quilt. To piece, for sure, but not to quilt!

Patti25314 11-03-2012 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by alleyoop1 (Post 5627310)
Okay, I give up....what is a FW?

Thanks for asking. I was having trouble figuring this one out -- LOL.

Bluelady 11-03-2012 01:43 PM

OH wow! I would have offered to buy them a lovely foot stool for exchange!