Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Gift for fisherwoman? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/gift-fisherwoman-t133914.html)

ScrappyAZ 06-28-2011 06:26 PM

My best friend has been bitten by the fishing bug. She and her son fish almost every weekend at the lake by their home. My friend has a birthday coming up, and I'd like to get her something she would like for her new hobby. Not being a fisherwoman, I have no idea what to buy her. I bought a light-weight nylon vest with many pockets but would like to get her something in addition to that. I went to a sporting goods store and walked around and around, totally confused. Guess I could have asked a salesman, but being absolutely naive to fishing, I was afraid he'd try to sell me something unnecessary and expensive.

Any ideas, please???

alikat110 06-28-2011 06:29 PM

Fish net and bucket, fishing lures, hooks, bobbins, etc....

Murphy 06-28-2011 06:34 PM

A good pair of leather gloves (I also fish - smile). Not driving gloves, working gloves.

GwynR 06-28-2011 06:35 PM

I would go for a gift certificate in a pretty little quilted bag. MIL buys DH fishing stuff but she always gets him the wrong lures, wrong lines, wrong poles, etc for the kind of fishing he does. He just says thanks and adds it to a pile in the garage and she has no idea....I don't buy him anything for fishing without checking with him or son first.

QuiltingJaguar 06-28-2011 06:38 PM

Oh yes have an idea. Her own tackle box maybe with a woman's look in color to suit her. Some needed items inside also.
My husband gave me that one year for a gift and I remember it fondly to this day. He has been gone 21 years.

blueangel 06-28-2011 06:41 PM

I would give a gift card and let her get what she wants.

huntannette 06-28-2011 07:07 PM

A hat....i always wear one when i go fishing

Originally Posted by ScrappyAZ
My best friend has been bitten by the fishing bug. She and her son fish almost every weekend at the lake by their home. My friend has a birthday coming up, and I'd like to get her something she would like for her new hobby. Not being a fisherwoman, I have no idea what to buy her. I bought a light-weight nylon vest with many pockets but would like to get her something in addition to that. I went to a sporting goods store and walked around and around, totally confused. Guess I could have asked a salesman, but being absolutely naive to fishing, I was afraid he'd try to sell me something unnecessary and expensive.

Any ideas, please???

moonwork42029 06-28-2011 07:18 PM

Hat, sunscreen and needle nose pliers!

Yes pliers -- need them for sooo many things

raedar63 06-28-2011 09:11 PM

If they night fish they have these clip on lights you can turn on and off to see. They clip on the bill of a hat and are the best thing!

Charlee 06-28-2011 10:04 PM

Good suggestions so far...I'd get her the tacklebox...a small one with a strap for over the shoulder that is easy to carry. (They kind of look like an insulated lunchbox).