Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Good Morning Ladies! what are you doing today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/good-morning-ladies-what-you-doing-today-t169414.html)

girliegirl 11-22-2011 06:33 AM

Good Morning Ladies! what are you doing today

Ok ladies what is in store today on the cutting tables.... anything good?

NDQuilts 11-22-2011 06:38 AM

I was up before children so I cut the borders to my Undercover in Houston mystery quilt. Border fabric caused much frustration. It is the large stripe from Sentimental Studios "Hannah" line. I did not relalize in the store that it is both directional and the stripes are not equally spaced. I think I finally have it cut to mitre the border correctly, but it took a lot of sketches and measurements to get there. I hope to sew this afternoon during naptime.

athomenow 11-22-2011 06:42 AM

Bow Tucks and more Bow Tucks. Trying to get an inventory together before Christmas so I can try to sell them. I don't know whether to go on ebay and try my luck or not. The kids have said they'd take them to work so maybe that's a better option. I know I like to touch and feel something before I buy. I have six top and bottoms cut out and sew together. I need lining fabric and fleece. That's on the agenda maybe today if I get other things done.

MrsM 11-22-2011 06:45 AM

I am working until 4 today. (taking a little break now.) I hope to work on my "over the River" quilt when I get home. The pattern just arrived yesterday. I will start tracing the embroidery and think if I will make the blocks in the pattern or mix it up with something else.

mh2559 11-22-2011 06:49 AM

Working on a rag quilt

1 Attachment(s)
I made these snow globe squares. I will blanket stitch around snow globes and then use them in a rag quilt.

mltquilt 11-22-2011 06:51 AM

The embroidery machine is running today making free standing lace icicles while I am working on some computer stuff.

mltquilt

QuiltE 11-22-2011 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by mh2559 (Post 4709177)
I made these snow globe squares. I will blanket stitch around snow globes and then use them in a rag quilt.

Now this looks interesting! ..... great start and I can't wait to see what it turns into.

Me? some FWS work
and company coming for supper and overnight .... so some work on that front!

redkimba 11-22-2011 07:08 AM

I wish that I was at home - quilting or something. I have to work this week. (it's a trade-off with a co-worker). I shall just sigh deeply & keep an eye on this thread to see your progress. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 11-22-2011 07:25 AM

Hope to work on table runners and place settings acquired from a road trip made with a good friend to Michigan. May be post pictures if/when I finish.

pocoellie 11-22-2011 07:38 AM

I'm finishing up a small wall hanging for a Jewish friend, and have started working on a lap quilt out of wolf panels for a friend, she's had a rough year.