Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Got myself a new Vacuum Cleaner (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/got-myself-new-vacuum-cleaner-t73436.html)

DebsShelties 10-31-2010 11:02 AM

Bought a Bissell Clearview Helix $79 at Target. My Dyson decided once again that the brush didn't want to spin, grrrrr. Once I took it apart, again for the umteenth time, cleaned around the connectors etc. the brush decided ok I will work for now.
This new machine does circles around my $500 Dyson, good lord. It has onboard tools that you just pull the hose handle out and attach what you want then vacuume.

Sadiemae 10-31-2010 11:03 AM

Congrats! I can't keep a vacuum running...

amma 10-31-2010 11:04 AM

Thanks for the review on this machine, mine is going to get replaced the first of the year :D:D:D

DebsShelties 10-31-2010 11:04 AM

With two long haired dogs, one long hair, one short haired cat, I need one that will work when I need it to, not be wishy-washy.
I could not believe the dust that this new one picked up - it is bagless.
Thanks

DebsShelties 10-31-2010 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by amma
Thanks for the review on this machine, mine is going to get replaced the first of the year :D:D:D

You are very welcome. Bissell makes good machines.
Walmart has it for $99, Target $79 and right now for the next few days it has a $10 Rebate. It is a nice machine, need to make sure the filters are cleaned. I could not believe that with just one use on 5 rooms, they ALL needed cleaning - the dust from the cat litter, that is changing later today. Not going to buy that brand again (cat's Pride) too dusty.

Ditter43 10-31-2010 11:39 AM

That's funny...I have a Rainbow and it does a teriffic job but I usually end up using my little yellow Eureka. It's so much easier to use and does a good job too!! :lol:

DebsShelties 10-31-2010 11:53 AM

I used a friends Rainbow once, remember the water tank well. It did a good job, was somewhat akward to move around with the water tank though. She lived in a mobile home though back in Calif.
With all the hair in my house via the animals, I need something that will really pick up and is easy to move around.

katiebear1 10-31-2010 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by DebsShelties
I used a friends Rainbow once, remember the water tank well. It did a good job, was somewhat akward to move around with the water tank though. She lived in a mobile home though back in Calif.
With all the hair in my house via the animals, I need something that will really pick up and is easy to move around.

Well I LOVE my Dyson' Have "the animal" designed for pet hair. works great. Never had a problem with it. Had to replace the hose but that was after 6 years.

DebsShelties 10-31-2010 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by katiebear1

Originally Posted by DebsShelties

Well I LOVE my Dyson' Have "the animal" designed for pet hair. works great. Never had a problem with it. Had to replace the hose but that was after 6 years.

I love my purple Dyson too, but it seems to be having temper tantrums with the brush issue lol.

Quiltforme 10-31-2010 01:42 PM

I am so glad we never had the money for the dyson. I had a bad feeling about a 500$ vacuum and all the hype put into it. We have a installed vacuum the one in the wall and I love it!