Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Guilty pleasures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/guilty-pleasures-t191412.html)

burchquilts 06-10-2012 10:55 PM

Guilty pleasures

<!-- end of AOLMsgPart_1_f5a1e4d2-90df-49fe-ba64-cebc68ead946 -->I'm up in the middle of the night (well, besides the fact that I'm just a night owl) because in a few minutes they're going to show the TV series "Breaking Bad' from the pilot on. I came to that party late & discovered that I really like the show so now I need to get caught up. Which prompted my question. I don't consider "Breaking Bad" to be my guilty pleasure (tho I understand how it isn't everybody's cup of tea -- what can I say? I like weird TV shows with conflicted characters). So, if I tell you what mine is, will you tell us what yours is? I'm really embarrassed that I even know what this show is, let alone enjoy it but my guilty pleasure is either "16 & Pregnant" or it's sequel, "Teen Mom". Don't ask me why I "like" them because I couldn't tell you. In fact, I get so mad at the girls on "16 & Pregnant" that I yell at the TV (my DH says "Why do you torture yourself watching that mess?") but the next week, I'm back. OK... I came clean. Your turn.

sew_southern 06-11-2012 02:04 AM

Okay, I'll tell mine. Sister Wives, it is so strange & gross, yet interesting at the same time. I guess I watch to see if these women will ever come to their senses, I don't know.

SouthPStitches 06-11-2012 06:32 AM

Never even heard of "Breaking Bad". I've been known to watch "Duck Dynasty", and "Hoarding, Buried Alive", on occasion. Find "The Soup" to be kind of a hoot every now and then.

willferg 06-11-2012 06:48 AM

I watch Tough Love, where a guy matchmaker tells women what they need to do to straighten themselves out to meet a man. There are some nuggets of interesting psychology in the show, but there's a lot of exploitation of fame-seeking insecure women as well. I don't admit watching it to just anyone!

Jan in VA 06-11-2012 08:59 AM

(Whispering......) Bachelor/Bachelorette
Who on earth knows why, it's truly ridiculous!:rolleyes: Maybe I didn't have enough dating choices when I was young, LOL!

Jan in VA

madelinkk 06-11-2012 11:20 AM

Breaking Bad! Just cant help myself.

Helovesme 06-11-2012 11:23 AM

Late night re-runs of "Whose Line is it Anyways?" and lately it's been The Big Bang Theory. Hilarious!

Quiltaddict 06-11-2012 11:34 AM

Hoarding - makes me feel better about my huge stash of quilting stuff (at least it's organized and I'm not buried in it)

kuseta 06-11-2012 11:38 AM

"19 and counting" about the Duggars. I can't imagine having such a huge family!! I like "Sister Wives" too.

mom-6 06-11-2012 11:41 AM

No TV for me, but I'm just as mesmerized by some of the games on my computer. I tend to like the simpler games, but ones that do require a bit of strategy to win. None of the really involved ones like my kids enjoy. LOL! Most recent one that's had me hooked is called Four Elements.