Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The gym... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/gym-t19140.html)

mamabird3 04-17-2009 10:18 PM

I bought a membership to 24 Hour Fitness today.
Do you think that will be enough?
Or do I actually have to go?

key4unc 04-18-2009 12:38 AM

I bought some of those fitness videos. I could never understand why I wasn't getting fit. I watched those videos 3 times a day :lol:

Barb M 04-18-2009 12:43 AM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God you guys are funny!!! :) :) :)

CindyBee 04-18-2009 12:57 AM

Gym memberships can be fun. I was thinking about one myself now that I am home all the time. I have a a treadmill and Dvd's, but miss the companionship sometimes.

gcathie 04-18-2009 01:31 AM

Ha ha..........:-).......laughing at myself....I bought a membership once....went once....:-).............I bought Richard Simmons dvd's......still in box unopened.....:-).....I have had a Walking machine....nice storage rack....:-).....I've got a stationay bike and a 10 speed....DH has to put his hand on my back to help my up the hill....we did twice....:-).......I have a mini trampoline.....knocked all the pictures off the wall....nice to hang things on the legs......Newiset idea.....motorized exercise machine......ahhh too much money.....:-(.....can't say I haven't tried.......I've had good intention with no ambition.....:-(......What else.....I 've lost weght and it always finds me and brings along a buddy or two....:-(......what ta do??????? what ta do??????....I've succumb to being curvacious.....:-)

Good luck my dear......:-)

Butterfli19 04-18-2009 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by mamabird3

lolololol...I love it!

littlehud 04-18-2009 06:42 AM

LOL, you are all so funny. I have decided it's ok for my to be fluffy. Tee Hee

BellaBoo 04-18-2009 08:11 AM

I ordered a fitness video and my DD and I sit down to watch it and it was the funniest thing I've ever seen! We both laughed so hard we cried. It was Body Flex Greer Childers. I'm not saying it wasn't a good fitness routine just do not do it with anyone in the room, not even your pet. :lol:

Jerrie 04-18-2009 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by mamabird3

I also joined 24 Hour Fitness The first week in March and i have not went yet because the day after i joined i was put into the hospitan and beed sick ever since. we did a family plan the only things is that you can not cancel unless you pay for the membership for the year which that is what we signed up for. my daughter been going it is a nice thing you can go many times you want.

mamabird3 04-18-2009 09:37 AM

I use to go to the gym and loved it. It was an all womens gym. I went all the time and either stayed the same or gained weight. This time I just have to tell myself just beause I did half an hour on the treadmill doesn't mean I can eat half a large pizza by myself! :lol:

I actually enjoyed going. I am not a fan of cardio though. But resistance training I loved. I am excited to get back in to it. I just keep growing and growing.. I need to get my rear in gear. For now on if I have a banana split i am just going ot slather it all over my midsection, that is where it all ends up anyway!!