Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Had a scare yesterday! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/had-scare-yesterday-t20947.html)

Rhonda 06-04-2009 03:48 AM

Yesterday my 2o year old grandson had another serious car wreck. He is ok but the car is totaled. The accident was due to heavy rain and he went into the ditch hitting a cement culvert. He came away with only a small mark on his neck made by the air bag pushing a ring on a chain he wore into his neck.
The reason this is even more upsettting than normal is because a year ago April he was in a head on collision going 65 and by the grace of God he survived. But he had numerous serious injuries. Cracked pelvis/broken jaw/ several bones in face broken/both ankles broken in 2 or 3 places/ upper thigh bone broke/ spleen and liver nicked/ he had to have a tracheotomy so they could work on his face. He was in the hopital for 2 months and was in a wheelchair and then crutches with his face wired for several months. So this is one more episode in his life that we (and I'm sure Cody as well) could have done without!!

I talked to him last night and he is bummed that he is without a car but they have his fiancee's so he can get to work. I am just so relieved that he is alright this time!

Thanks for listening. This is on my mind and I needed to vent a little.

Ninnie 06-04-2009 04:08 AM

Sorry about the wreck and the car, but glad that he is ok and that is what matters!

Ninnie

tlrnhi 06-04-2009 04:09 AM

OMG! Sorry to hear that, but SOOOO glad he is ok!

Piedmont Quilter 06-04-2009 04:21 AM

Glad Cody did not get hurt any worse this time. Cars can be replaced ~ ~ percious lives cannot.

Rhonda 06-04-2009 04:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks everyone. He is my oldest grandson and he is special to me. He came into the family by marriage at the age of 8. I had to work really hard to get him to understand I am his grandma! We have a strong bond now and I used to keep the kids alot on weekends as they grew up so we spent a lot of time together but i don't get to see him much now. He is busy with a fiancee and two little ones (by soon to be marrriage) and he works with his(step -adopted) dad(my son) as an electrician. They travel over several states on jobs.

But I am very proud of him and how he has turned out! He is a good family man and a really decent hard working person with a kind heart.

Can you tell I love him? I just hope this is the last car wreck!!!!!

This is Cody and his fiancee Niccole Alisha is 3 and Jayden is now 6 mos

Ducky 06-04-2009 06:53 AM

The accident had to be so frightening for everyone involved! It's good to hear he's okay.... You sound like such a loving grandmother.

Bevanger 06-04-2009 06:58 AM

omg how scarry, but that god he's ok

Shemjo 06-04-2009 07:00 AM

WOW! Praying that all will be well and there are no problems that surface later. Hope he didn't have his cruise control on when he was driving in the rain. Hydroplaning happens! Sorry for the scare!

Rhonda 06-04-2009 07:43 AM

Thanks everyone! At least this time he was the only one in the car. I'm glad the kids weren't in the car with him!
In the head on crash he had a coworker in the truck with him. Bob had a cracked spine but Cody got the worst of it. That one it was a real miracle they survived. I am glad this one wasn't as serious. But a totaled car is still serious enough!

bearisgray 06-04-2009 07:51 AM

It's always something. Hope he stays okay for a long long while.