Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Happy Mother's Day - post a picture of your mom (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/happy-mothers-day-post-picture-your-mom-t121202.html)

ptquilts 05-06-2011 06:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
in honor of our moms, let's post a picture and tell a little bit about what makes them special.
This picture is very special to me - I think it was maybe HS graduation. My mom married at 39 and had me at 45, so I never knew her as a younger woman. I had never seen a picture of her at that age, just one at age 2 and the rest after she married.
She passed away from cancer when I was 9. I found this picture online when my extended family started filling in a genealogy website. Not sure who had it.

My mom loved sewing clothes for me and my sis, had a "stash" of scraps in an old dresser in the sewing room. I can still remember some of the dresses she made us, and having to "stand still" for fittings.
I made my first quilt (a doll quilt) under her guidance.

She was a great storyteller, too and a great cook. I miss you Mom!!Love ya!

Marguerite
[ATTACH=CONFIG]193615[/ATTACH]

Lindsey 05-06-2011 06:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What a lovely find. Your mom was a very attractive woman. My mother loves to tell stories too. She moved in with me about six years ago after my father passed. Here is a photo of them on their wedding day.

mom and dad at a young age.. dad was 20 mom was 17
[ATTACH=CONFIG]193625[/ATTACH]

Carrie Jo 05-06-2011 06:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of my mom and grandma...mom is 69 and grandma is 85...Love them both

Annaquilts 05-06-2011 06:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A picture of my mom with my youngest son taken 9 yrs ago. She has been gone for 5 1/2 yrs now. She died of inflamitory metasticized breast cancer. There is only one mam. It saddens me that especially my children do not have her in their life.

What a beautiful mothers. Keep posting pictures in their honor for mother's day.

Magdalena 05-06-2011 07:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Feliz Dia de Madres. I love my Mama forever and a day.

debbieumphress 05-06-2011 07:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My mom is Renee Shimamoto Fleming, age 80, and is my best friend. I have this picture of my Granddaughter and my mom and my Daughter on the right.
She married dad when she was 19, stay at home mom and taught us everything we know .

Happy Mother's Day MOm. Love you.♥♥

At xmas 2010. Better view of her face. ONly thing she does is keeps her hair dark. LOL. My sis's two oldest boys.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]193657[/ATTACH]

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 05-06-2011 07:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here we are in 2008. Mom is the shorty in the front with the walking stick. She has gone down a lot since then and doesn't get around much any more.

The Japanese lady is my "sister". She came as a foreign exchange student in 1988 and ended up staying. The little guy in the shades is my youngest son! He has grown so much --he is 6 feet tall now! I'm in the polka dots. The back row is my husband, my daugher and my dad.

ShirlinAZ 05-06-2011 08:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This is my Mom with her 7 children and about 3/4 of her grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and great-great-grandchildren. This picture was taken after my Dad's funeral in March.

Mom taught me all the sewing arts, and always set a good example of proper behavior. She taught me about family, starting genealogy in the 1950s before most people knew what it was. We waded through weeds in old cemetaries, getting chiggers, looking for her grandparents grave markers (we found them!). Mom taught me that there is a big difference between challenges and problems, and that both are easier to deal with when you are smiling. I love her a bunch.

Most of the fam-damily
[ATTACH=CONFIG]193671[/ATTACH]

Mom, age 94
[ATTACH=CONFIG]193672[/ATTACH]

QuiltnCowgirl 05-06-2011 08:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my Momma. She passed away Thanksgiving Day 2007. She was my full-time Mom, my friend, my confidant, my teacher, my Sister in Christ, my 4-H leader & band booster. She married my Daddy when they were both 18 and they were married 26 years at the time of his death in 1981. She never remarried. She raised 2 boys & 1 girl, helped raise her 2 grandsons. She now has 1 great-grandson, born June 2010. We miss her dearly and are forever grateful to have had such a wonderful & special Mom.

DeeBooper 05-06-2011 08:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple pictures of me with my mom and aunt. One is with my mom and me at a quilt show and the other is me with mom and aunt Betty. We all quilt together when we can. My mom is 80 and Aunt Betty is 82 and I am 60. This picture was a few years back.Aunt Betty never had any kids.

ewww...I can never leave my eyes open when my picture is taken!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]193675[/ATTACH]