Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Happy New Year everyone!!! PICS of Oregon! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/happy-new-year-everyone-pics-oregon-t209561.html)

amandasgramma 12-29-2012 12:20 PM

Happy New Year everyone!!! PICS of Oregon!

4 Attachment(s)
Happy New Year! I haven't been on much lately --- lurk sometimes. Was very busy for the holidays and then RESTING!!!! Some of you have told me to post more pics of Oregon ---- so here are some that were taken today (btw -- it was 6 degrees when I woke up this morning!!!)

This is the area behind our house (wish we could see it from our house but can't). This area mostly is Newberry Crater. It's a National Monument. The whole of Newberry Crater includes 2 lakes and Paulina Peak -- The Peak is part of the huge volcano that blew about 1900 yrs ago. It's like Crater Lake, however, it has 2 lakes instead of one and they're shallower than Crater Lake. It became a monument in 1990. On the edge of the monument they're doing drilling to see if geothermal heat can be obtained. It was national news late in the summer. I'm praying they don't change the "landcape"!!!!! We live about 3/4 mile from where DH was standing to get that first picture.
The pics are of Paulina Peak and a bridge at Paulina Creek. Paulina Creek is all run-off from the snow off the peak.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384652[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]384653[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]384654[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]384655[/ATTACH]

nygal 12-29-2012 12:32 PM

Your pictures are great. I also have snow in my back yard. It is snowing in fact right now.

Susan G. 12-29-2012 12:37 PM

Absolutely breath taking. I love snow, it looks so clean and fresh.

suebee 12-29-2012 12:43 PM

gorgeous pics!!! 2nd, 3rd or 4th pic would make great Christmas cards :) beautiful for sure!! No snow here in the valley, but lots just a few hrs from here :)

Joyce DeBacco 12-29-2012 12:48 PM

Well, we don't get snow where I live in Southwest Florida, so your pictures look really beautiful to me. Not so beautiful though if I still had to drive in it.

Joyce

Jingle 12-29-2012 06:52 PM

Absolutely beautiful pics. I love snow and cold, as long as I have a nice warm house to be in.
We got some snow last night, about 2", we live ontop of a high hill and usually get more than the lower elevations around us.

Quiltaddict 12-29-2012 08:53 PM

Beautiful pictures; I'm just glad I don't have to live in it.

RIDGEFIELD 12-31-2012 04:08 AM

Beautiful pictures. They would make a nice postcard.

ElaineDu 12-31-2012 04:39 AM

love the pics. I think if I lived out there and had a view like that I would make sure I had a sunroom/ dewing room to where I could sit and look at the view all the time....

A1penny 12-31-2012 04:59 AM

Love the pictures, but you can keep the snow! I like looking at it now only in photos. I use to ski and skate and loved those years of fun in the snow, but now my bones creek when the 'word' snow is mentioned on the news.
You live in a beautiful area where you can admire the snow filled views. I live in NYC and the snow turns black in a day or two..and is just depressing.
Wishing you a happy New Year!