Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Help needed to understand maneuvering on QuiltBoard (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/help-needed-understand-maneuvering-quiltboard-t163122.html)

KastleKitty 10-25-2011 09:31 AM

I am fairly new to the board and am at a loss to understand something. When I create a new topic and post it, immediately people respond. How do they know a new topic has been posted? Where do I look for the new topics that are posted for the current day? I get the Quilted Paradise Newsletter, but those topics are from the previous day. Where is the listing for the newly created topics? If anybody has an answer, please let me know! Thank you!

Sandee 10-25-2011 09:36 AM

Click on UNREAD TOPICS at the top of the page.
To see your newly posted topic & respond along with others, click on My Topics. At least that's the way I do it.

QuiltnNan 10-25-2011 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Sandee
Click on UNREAD TOPICS at the top of the page.
To see your newly posted topic & respond along with others, click on My Topics. At least that's the way I do it.

me too

feffertim 10-25-2011 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by KastleKitty
I am fairly new to the board and am at a loss to understand something. When I create a new topic and post it, immediately people respond. How do they know a new topic has been posted? Where do I look for the new topics that are posted for the current day? I get the Quilted Paradise Newsletter, but those topics are from the previous day. Where is the listing for the newly created topics? If anybody has an answer, please let me know! Thank you!

there really is not a place to see newly listed topics except in the Unread topics page which prints them in order of being posted. After I read the ones I want (can't possibly read every one, I would never get any sewing done LOL) I mark them all as read, that way when I go back to that page, all the topics are new since I was last there.

KastleKitty 10-25-2011 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by feffertim

Originally Posted by KastleKitty

there really is not a place to see newly listed topics except in the Unread topics page which prints them in order of being posted. After I read the ones I want (can't possibly read every one, I would never get any sewing done LOL) I mark them all as read, that way when I go back to that page, all the topics are new since I was last there.

Thanks! I saw that and wondered why they would want to mark them if they had not read them!

And thank all of you who responded. It makes using the board more understandable.

thimblebug6000 10-25-2011 11:41 AM

Learn something new everyday! I go the unread topics as well, but had never noticed where I could mark them all as read. Good plan, thanks!