Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   here we go again another paypal scam (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/here-we-go-again-another-paypal-scam-t228397.html)

mandyrose 08-20-2013 02:33 PM

here we go again another paypal scam

just the heads up I got another paypal alert that my account has been temporarily blocked and with same old click link to fix bs I forwarded it to paypal and deleted it........no end to who evere dose this madness................

Painiacs 08-20-2013 03:53 PM

Another warning! Never open mailings like this!!! Always go to the original acct! Like the phone calls if you did not initiate it Do NOT give them ANY information!

janedee 08-20-2013 08:03 PM

I had one saying my ebay account was blocked, didnt open it but stupid people sent it to my email account that has no connection to ebay!!!!!!!!!

mighty 08-21-2013 05:52 AM

I get stuff like that, I never open it.

renda 08-22-2013 03:01 AM

I got one of these also, sent it to paypal.

bearisgray 08-22-2013 06:03 AM

been getting those from "Chase bank" about our credit card

Neesie 08-22-2013 06:07 AM

I constantly get stuff like this, too. Wish those people would actually get caught!!!

judykay 08-22-2013 06:55 AM

Thanks for the heads up. So far I have not gotten this one but have gotten emails from people I have never heard of. I don't open those either.

twinkie 08-23-2013 04:07 AM

We just received notification that our E-Bay account had been locked due to a security problem. It seems someone had used our account without permission. We did not open it but went to our E-Bay account and found out it was locked. We contacted E-Bay and were told that someone had used out account to post a few items for sale. We did not authortize this and had to set up another access name and password. So, sometimes it is true. Just go to the source.

Originally Posted by janedee (Post 6246400)
I had one saying my ebay account was blocked, didnt open it but stupid people sent it to my email account that has no connection to ebay!!!!!!!!!

lynn_z 08-25-2013 11:26 PM

Fakers suck!

Any suspicious emails should never be opened. Please feel free to forward such nonsense to [email protected] or [email protected] whichever applies. They will let you know if the are the ones who sent it and maybe your tip will help catch these jerks. Eithe way, don't just delete them, put them in the trash and empty that as well. In a perfect world,
we wouldn't have to be bothered. Watch where you're putting your email address when you are surfing the web, also.

Originally Posted by mandyrose (Post 6245850)
just the heads up I got another paypal alert that my account has been temporarily blocked and with same old click link to fix bs I forwarded it to paypal and deleted it........no end to who evere dose this madness................