Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Hotmail concern!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hotmail-concern-t97202.html)

amandasgramma 02-06-2011 07:52 AM

I have an alternative hotmail account....I've been weeding out spam mail, etc, and deleting everying I can, so I can cancel it. I had problems before where my password wouldn't work and it caused me major problems.
WELL, today i logged into it, and the profile page is the first thing that popped up. My contact e-mail (where they'll send info when you need to find out your password should you forget) had been changed to someone in the UK!!!! I eliminated it..........and am starting over. SHEESH! I will never use Hotmail for important stuff again.........seems to me, 2 times in 6 months, is WAY too many times.

SO - anyone with hotmail....check your profile and check out that contact e-mail address.

QultingaddictUK 02-06-2011 07:55 AM

I won't use Hotmail because of all the security problems which has been going on for years, I use www.inbox.com and Googles email, have used them for years and never had any probs.

Ditter43 02-06-2011 07:55 AM

Hotmail is all I have ever used....no problems so far!!! :-D

KarenK 02-06-2011 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
Hotmail is all I have ever used....no problems so far!!! :-D

Me too.

amma 02-06-2011 08:57 AM

Sorry you are having problems with this :(

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 02-06-2011 10:07 AM

I use hotmail but I change my password regularly. Just changed it again yesterday. You can set it where they will remind you every 72 days to change your password. Of course you can do it more often. Haven't had a problem yet, but that doesn't mean I won't ever have a problem. There will always be someone somewhere who doesn't have a life and feels it is fun to make someone else's life miserable.

lalaland 02-06-2011 10:45 AM

I had to switch to gmail because my hotmail account refused to deliver to my friends on AOL. I kept the account open for the same purpose you use it for, but I had the same problems you have so finally gave it up.

sewwhat85 02-06-2011 12:11 PM

i will have to check it out thanks

ptquilts 02-06-2011 12:23 PM

I got a new yahoo mail acct. when Hotmail had their last upgrade (ha!) - could not find anything or sort my inbox the way I wanted to. I am so sick of companies changing everything around just when I get used to it a certain way.

Plus, I don't get this "change your password every 30 days" thing like my bank is always telling me to do. If someone is trying to crack my password, what does it matter if it is a new one or one I have had for years? Does it take months and months for a hacker to break in to your account? plus, If I change it every month, that means I have to write it down somewhere and they tell you not to do that either. They should realize I don't have that much space in my brain, lol.

amandasgramma 02-07-2011 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
I got a new yahoo mail acct. when Hotmail had their last upgrade (ha!) - could not find anything or sort my inbox the way I wanted to. I am so sick of companies changing everything around just when I get used to it a certain way.

Plus, I don't get this "change your password every 30 days" thing like my bank is always telling me to do. If someone is trying to crack my password, what does it matter if it is a new one or one I have had for years? Does it take months and months for a hacker to break in to your account? plus, If I change it every month, that means I have to write it down somewhere and they tell you not to do that either. They should realize I don't have that much space in my brain, lol.

My bank says the same thing --- LOL I figure if someone broke in they wouldn't get very far. I have an address book strickly for passwords and IDs for the various forums I'm in. I live in a safe area, and they'd have to paw their way thru my sewing room to find it...........I doubt anyone would try that!!! LOL