Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   House sold!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/house-sold-t36436.html)

diannemc 02-09-2010 09:22 AM

Well our house is officially sold as of today...Thank the good Lord above! I am living in someone elses house!! Now the fun part moving!! I already packed up my quilt stuff todether so it won't get misplaced...I am so excited!!!

Dawn Hendrix 02-09-2010 09:24 AM

OOOOO let the fun begin!!!! CONGRATULATIONS on the sale!

craftiladi 02-09-2010 09:26 AM

Huge Congrat from lil ole cedar city ut. Good luck on the move...it will be so nice when its all done and you are all settled in.

sdparent 02-09-2010 09:27 AM

Congratulations Dianne!

Chasing Hawk 02-09-2010 10:06 AM

Well done, moving day is always a blast..lol
It took us a week to move everything and two weeks to put everything in its place.

Have fun.

p.s.
Quilting stuff packed ..priorities first..now pack all the meds..haha

beachlady 02-09-2010 01:01 PM

Cograts on the sale of your house. We sold and bought in August, so knowq what you are going through in the moving process. We have been in new house for 6 months and still have lots of boxes and totes to go through. Chasing Hawk - how did you get everything unpacked in 2 weeks? Want to come and finish our job?

Chasing Hawk 02-09-2010 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by beachlady
Cograts on the sale of your house. We sold and bought in August, so knowq what you are going through in the moving process. We have been in new house for 6 months and still have lots of boxes and totes to go through. Chasing Hawk - how did you get everything unpacked in 2 weeks? Want to come and finish our job?

My husband and I worked 12 hour days getting the house unpacked. Luckily the house was cleaned before we moved in, they even made sure the cabinets were tidy. I put things away, my husband hung the pictures, and the cat supervised. Having the Cat help is the key to any successful move. Plus it helps if one is retired and doesn't have to worry about punching a time clock...although I have thought about "punching out" a clock or two...lol..

JanetM 02-09-2010 05:28 PM

Congatulations on your house sale. So difficult in the current economy.

My husband just sold his Mom and Dad's (both deceased) home...it took 3 1/2 years!

Where are you moving? Are you excited? Moving is alot of work (we've moved cross country twice) but I think it is exciting to set up a new home.

tlrnhi 02-10-2010 03:20 AM

Congrats!!
Where ya going to?
I'll be doing the packing game in about a month. But luckily, I really don't have to pack, I just have to supervise. I do, however, get to do all the unpacking!

diannemc 02-10-2010 04:35 AM

We are moving to columbus, ms.....I am very lucky too!!! I don't have to pack!! That is such a blessing!!!