Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How many of you were gardening or doing yard work this weekend? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-many-you-were-gardening-doing-yard-work-weekend-t115205.html)

Favorite Fabrics 04-11-2011 04:35 AM

I sure was! In the 60's both days and last night we slept with the windows open for the first time this year.

And the spring peepers were singing their hearts out. I love that sound!

donnajean 04-11-2011 04:38 AM

Installed 4 yards of mulch on Sat. because it is going to be 84 here in southeast PA today.

Carrie Jo 04-11-2011 04:40 AM

My husband and I trimmed tree branches all day sunday. Iam beat and sore. But it was so beautiful outside it was worth it.

wyckedquilter 04-11-2011 04:42 AM

I slept since I work midnights...but only one more day of work, and then 7 off in a row! Whoohooo!

QBeth 04-11-2011 04:51 AM

We had a great weekend, here in Nashua, NH! It was wonderful, tackling the yard and prepping for flower planting (the farm stores just started putting out pansies!). That said, I think we might have stirred up some of the local wildlife, especially where I used the blower to move leaves away from my stone lined planting bed.... woke up this morning to another "present" from my kitties, a dead mouse! __ :-) ___

A couple of spots around the planter showed tunnels under the leaves to the wall. I'm guessing I woke somebody up and they moseyed (or is that mouseyed?) into our garage. Our four cats, two of whom we know are mousers, have access to the garage thru a door in the kitchen wall. I feel bad for the mouse but how stupid can you get?!

grann of 6 04-11-2011 05:06 AM

I am going to do some yard work today since we are supposed to get in the 80s. I was playing with my new long arm all weekend. I still don't have the fall cleanup done. I need to replace my split rail fence around the back yard for the dogs, so mulching may have to wait till after I get someone in to do the fence. Just waiting for the sun to shine so I can get outside. Have a good day everyone :!:

CarrieAnne 04-11-2011 05:06 AM

I worked Saturday, but Sunday was great. The grass is finally turning green! I recieved a yellow lilac bush I ordered, so wanted to plant it, but the wind was so strong!

Nancy S. 04-11-2011 05:18 AM

I'm hoping to work in my yard today since it should get into the upper 50's. Never heard of yellow lilacs CarrieAnne. I would love to see one.

quiltinghere 04-11-2011 05:20 AM

We were at the quilt show in Ohio and it was 80 degrees there. The grass was a lot taller when we arrived home because it was 83 here on Sunday.

mamaw 04-11-2011 05:27 AM

Did what I could in the spots that were bare; but still quite a bit of snow that the rain we are getting today should get rid of. Also found the bare ground to still be soggy. At least got the broken tree limbs from the winter winds picked up. That's a start!! Sure felt good to be out in the fresh air anyways.