Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How's my lipstick? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hows-my-lipstick-t174405.html)

Tink's Mom 01-04-2012 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble (Post 4841254)
"Magic eraser and a glass of wine"! LOL! We do grow in patience and wisdom with each new child... at least we hope to!

FIVE boys Donna? I bet you did see it all. Our ONE boy was quite a handful and so different from the girls. So bless your heart!

What I wouldn't have done for a Magic Eraser, back when my oldest decorated the mirrored entry hall in our apartment with lipstick...that was the last time I left my purse near the door.

Glenda m 01-04-2012 03:33 PM

Don't even want to start about my 5 boys and 3 girls. Funny now and .. Yes, you do make it through everything. LOL

Kathy Osterby 01-04-2012 03:59 PM

My Dd decide3d to "paint" her room with her dirty diaper while I was out and Dad was "babysitting by sleeping on the sofa. It took soaking her in the tub and plenty of scrubbing to clean the walls, her crib and everything within her reach. She was about 18 months old at the time. I don't know who I was madder at her or her father.

Ileen 01-04-2012 04:47 PM

I can't stop laughing!!!

gramajo 01-04-2012 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Kathy Osterby (Post 4842359)
My Dd decide3d to "paint" her room with her dirty diaper while I was out and Dad was "babysitting by sleeping on the sofa. It took soaking her in the tub and plenty of scrubbing to clean the walls, her crib and everything within her reach. She was about 18 months old at the time. I don't know who I was madder at her or her father.

My oldest got diarrhea while Dad was babysitting. He didn't do diapers. He took her & clean clothes, diapers (at least he thought of that) to his mother's for cleanup.

Another time with younger daughter, she had a messy poopy diaper. He stripped everything off her, including high top shoes & left it all in a heap on the floor for me to clean up. He sorta put a diaper on her (it was hot out) & that was all. Diaper was almost off when I got home, but at least he tried. ;)

I will say, though, that he was very good about cleaning up barf, no matter if it was on kid, floor, car seat. I couldn't handle barf.

raynhamquilter 01-04-2012 07:39 PM

my son is 37. He loved the bruins and at 4years went out in the drive way with his stick and goal. I was in bed(he got up at 5:30 EVery morn.) He came in and asks "have you seen my knee and elbow pads?" No, I haven't. I hear door as he goes out a few min. later. He comes in in 10 min. and I holler "Did you find your pads" No but I have better ones I found in the bathroom and they stick on great! Yup--time of the month pads, I wonder how many neighbors saw it??

Caswews 01-05-2012 07:38 AM

how cute they are at that age, and then good bribery pictures for when they get older and don't want to do anything but want to go out .. hehehehe ... Trust me I know, things get done when you say well I guess I will entertain your b/fwith the family album while you clean ! LOL amazing what gets done when you say that !LOL <GRIN> granted I never would but it sure got things done!! LOL

lovingmama 01-05-2012 07:41 AM

What a cutie! Sometimes as mothers you just have to relaxe and laugh!

sewnbug 01-05-2012 08:51 AM

Too cute. Oh those precious moments to chreish.

fireworkslover 01-05-2012 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Up North (Post 4841082)
Adorable that is a little better than when my grandson came out with a Desitin face mask on!

My son (about 3 yrs. old at the time) put Desitin all over a couple of his stuffed animals. They were too large to go in the washing machine, so they ended up leaving the house.