Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Hurricane Sandy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hurricane-sandy-t204314.html)

granny64 10-26-2012 12:05 PM

Hurricane Sandy

Good luck and be safe to all of the northeaster US friends on this forum. Have been through many a hurricane here in Louisiana and they are to be taken seriously. Prepare and be ready for it. Hope everyone has little damage and no injuries or deaths. Go to higher ground and hunker down.

Deb watkins 10-26-2012 12:14 PM

I am worried, as when it rains hard for more than two days, I have water in the basement.....and it takes several days to get it taken care of. I have to move all the furniture, pull up the rugs and make sure the fabric is all safe!

Up North 10-26-2012 12:29 PM

Deb better get busy preparing better to be safe than sorry! Prayers to all of you out there. We are expecting snow and wind.

barri1 10-26-2012 12:40 PM

I am so looking forward to the storm.. I know it sounds crazy.. Even though I am on an island out of NYC near the ocean, I find a storm very invigorating... I have a couple of things to pick up.. I have enough stuff to do in the house, and read.. .. I just hope we don't lose the power.. but then I have two laptops, and one Kindle fire, and they are all charged up. I will lose internet, but I can catch up on other things.. I guess I am good to go!!!
For those that are in any danger, I will keep you in my prayers that things work out..

misspriss 10-26-2012 03:08 PM

Perhaps at a better time you can look into a putting a pump in the basement. My folks had to do that.

Keep your head in, don't be a "looky-lou!" Prayers of safety to you all.

ging10ging 10-26-2012 03:15 PM

We are on the West Coast of Fl. and the wind today has been 30-40 miles per hr it sounded awful but I know the East Coast is doing much worse they have rain but the info on the storm going N looks awful. I hope your all safe been thru many hurricanes and hopefully with a little luck it won't be as bad as they say it's just you have to be prepared for anything to happen and then get out of harms way. These storms are so unpredictable you have to be careful and just listen to the weather reports. Good luck everyone I'll say some prayers for you all. Take care and just do what they tell you even if it comes to past for nothing. Sue

AuntieD 10-26-2012 05:00 PM

I purchased additional batteries and canned items today. Hope we don't lose power as the basement could flood. Ole Mother Nature is having fun this fall season. Prayers that this storm fizzles out fast.

lovingmama 10-26-2012 05:14 PM

Prayers are coming your way!

LUANNH 10-27-2012 07:35 AM

Be safe everyone, hope you all make it thru with no damage. Prayers are with you all.

Jennie and Me 10-27-2012 10:50 AM

My niece and her hubby are on a cruise ship and can't get back into the Cape Canaveral Port because of this storm. I know that Janelle(niece) must be chewing her nails!! Thoughts and prayers to all who are in the path of Sandy.