Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I am a collector and I collect.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-am-collector-i-collect-t19215.html)

KGoodhand 04-22-2009 04:59 PM

I have some of the older Red Rose figurines. I have the nursery rhyme ones.
As for what I collect - dolphins and Coca Cola items. The bathroom in our old house used to be all Coca Cola but when we moved both my daughters (5 & 8) both asked if they 'had' to have a bathroom like that again! So my collection has now made its way into my sewing room. Where it is there for me to enjoy!
They wanted a girly bathroom with flowers and pinks and sparkly things! Oh well we all have what we want now!
Kendra

molly4503 04-27-2009 04:59 PM

All great collectibles mentioned and pictured here! I collect Longaberger and angels. It's fun and it's another hobby/addiction to support - as if quilting weren't enough!

k3n 04-28-2009 03:01 AM

Rhonda, I love your home! Everything is so beautifully displayed, when I try to do that, it just looks like someone has left it lying there! I especially like the jars and things with old labels, and the chooks of course! How funny, having to tell your GKs to get out of the stove! LOL

K x

Rhonda 04-28-2009 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Rhonda, I love your home! Everything is so beautifully displayed, when I try to do that, it just looks like someone has left it lying there! I especially like the jars and things with old labels, and the chooks of course! How funny, having to tell your GKs to get out of the stove! LOL

K x

My mom has a home that could be in any House Beautiful magazine. She has people tell her that often. She has a natural knack for displaying her antiques and collectibles. I might post some pics of her artistic talent. She doesn't think she is artistic at all but her house is fantastic for anyone who likes antiques. She collects scads of stuff. She has a lot of old coffee grinders / Crocks /she has an old wooden yes wooden washing machine/ she has an old blanket chest in the dining room that is full of china and lots of her collectibles. She has an old China Hutch in the living room at one end and the other end is wall to wall brick walk in fireplace. She bought two horsehair couches at an auction years ago for $2 each and has had them recovered a couple of times over the years. Her house is white walls with dark stained woodwork. An open on the livingroom side stairway that she puts crocks on the steps or Santas at Christmas time. She has a screened in porch that she dresses like it is an extended room of the house.
Above the fireplace is a 10" thick beam that goes the length of the wall and she always has a collection up there of something. And she plays with changing it all the time. There is alot!!! of stuff in storage that comes out and then she changes things and some goes back into storage in the basement or the barn.
She has taught me alot over the years and definately has given me my artistic side.

She is widowed and she is a gardener but her major interest is displaying things in her home. She is really!! good at it.
She has had people ask if they can see in her home!