Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I can't believe it -----WE ARE GOING ON A CRUISE !!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-cant-believe-we-going-cruise-t145826.html)

JanetM 08-17-2011 10:12 AM

Please bear with me while I celebrate my good news.

I just booked our first cruise...I am so excited I can hardly stand myself :lol:

We will be going to Alaska next June on the Regent Seven Seas "Navigator" I was able to get our 1st choice cabin that is located mid-ship.

This cruise line is all inclusive...air travel, luxury hotel for the night before the cruise, all gratuities, dining in all the restaurants on board without additional charge,wine/spirits, soft drinks/water/specialty coffees, and excursions are included. They do have some extra special excursions that have a supplemental charge.

They have already emailed us documents, including the dinner menu from one of the specialty restaurants, a 6 page wine list, a 4 page liquor list, and a 30 page spa catalog.

:lol: :lol: :lol: We aren't big drinkers, but we might be by the end of this cruise. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We never have traveled. Oh, maybe a trip up the coast to Solvang for 2 days, but never a "real vacation". This is a big splurge for us, so I am over the moon with excitement.

Between now and then I want to lose a few pounds so I can eat without guilt, and who knows, maybe take a dip in the pool, or hot tub.

Thank you to all who shared their cruise experiences with me and encouraged me to go for it.

katier825 08-17-2011 10:15 AM

Congrats! I am an avid cruise fan. I'm so envious...unfortunately, I just had to cancel mine that was for November. I hate not having one in the future to look forward to.

luv-e 08-17-2011 10:15 AM

Huge Congrats to you!!!!!!

craftybear 08-17-2011 10:19 AM

Congratulations, I have been on a cruise ship and was so much fun

also the best thing to eat so you don't get sea sick is apples and crackers

(when I went on the cruise, the waiter told us this and he kept us filled with apples and crackers for our rooms, we never got sick)

we flew to Florida (visiting Florida Keys, Cozumel in Mexico, Cayman Islands and Jamaica)

was so much fun and would love to go on a cruise to Alaska

be sure you get off at any of the ports that they visit, so much fun!

DebraK 08-17-2011 10:20 AM

bon voyage!

suzee 08-17-2011 10:22 AM

Can you take your sewing machine???? (LOL)

Grama Lehr 08-17-2011 10:29 AM

The ultimate vacation!!! Pampered!!! No cooking, no driving, no lost luggage, you can do so many things, or do nothing at all!!!
LOVE - LOVE - LOVE A CRUISE!!!
My next one will be to Hawaii! It will be my 65 th B-day, 25th wedding anniversary and retirement party all in one!! :thumbup:

JanetM 08-17-2011 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by katier825
Congrats! I am an avid cruise fan. I'm so envious...unfortunately, I just had to cancel mine that was for November. I hate not having one in the future to look forward to.

Oh, I am so sorry. You must be so disappointed. You didn't say why you had to cancel, but I hope whatever the reason, things work out and you can re-book another cruise. {{{ HUGS }}}

JanetM 08-17-2011 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by suzee
Can you take your sewing machine???? (LOL)

:lol: :lol: :lol: I might be too drunk :lol: :lol: :lol:
:shock: just kidding.

JanetM 08-17-2011 10:38 AM

Thanks Craftybear for the tip about the apples and crackers. To be safe, we are thinking of getting the presciption motion sickness patches that a QB member recommended.