Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I know you have never heard of this before... I need help** Picture attatched (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-know-you-have-never-heard-before-i-need-help%2A%2A-picture-attatched-t72923.html)

Quiltforme 10-28-2010 08:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I started to iron some fabric I washed tonight only to find my iron had something floating in it. On closer inspection is is a huge (ok 1/4") bug!! Yes I said it B-U-G!! I have tried for the last 20 minutes filling the water tank and emptying it only to have the stupid little thing floating around. What do I do?? I am going to use my old iron but do you think there is any hope for my first grown up iron???? Any suggestions would be helpful! If you would like I can take a picture for you viewing pleasure!!

See the little bugger!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]105287[/ATTACH]

cjomomma 10-28-2010 08:18 PM

I don't know what to say other than that is down right odd!!

SherriB 10-28-2010 08:21 PM

Okay, you have got my curiosity peaked!! I want to see a pic of your "buggy" iron.

Rosyhf 10-28-2010 08:22 PM

Ok, my iron once had a large ant in it and there is no way to get it out lol...it just disappeared bit by bit, it's gone now....

woody 10-28-2010 08:22 PM

If it's floating on the water maybe try filling it right to the top so that it overflows and hopefully it will come out that way. Plase makesure the iron is unplugged. Other than that idea I don't know, good luck.

shequilts 10-28-2010 08:27 PM

Fill the tank as full as you can and use a turkey baster or eye dropper to "suck" it out.

Grammy o'5 10-28-2010 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by shequilts
Fill the tank as full as you can and use a turkey baster or eye dropper to "suck" it out.

That might work! Or, fill it partially full, shake it like crazy, then tip it upside down and try dumping & shaking the water out from the place you put water in (if possible).

Quiltforme 10-28-2010 08:49 PM

Well it looks like the bug might have won. The inside of the iron has a trap like thing that will let water out but nothing else. I will keep tring I tried the turkey baster might have to try a smaller one or take the think apart.

wolfkitty 10-28-2010 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by woody
If it's floating on the water maybe try filling it right to the top so that it overflows and hopefully it will come out that way. Plase makesure the iron is unplugged. Other than that idea I don't know, good luck.

I think Woody has the right idea. Overfill it slowly, so the bug can slip out.

Jim's Gem 10-28-2010 09:13 PM

"That might work! Or, fill it partially full, shake it like crazy, then tip it upside down and try dumping & shaking the water out from the place you put water in (if possible)."

I've had a pincher bug in my iron before. I don't remember if I ever got it out or not. I tried to flush it several times, filling it up and tipping it upside down.