Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I miss my machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-miss-my-machine-t21230.html)

julie 06-11-2009 04:49 PM

I'm feeling kind of lonely. I took my Bernette 65 to the shop for yearly service today. It will be done in a week, but what am I to do til then?! I wanted to get it done before the 2 week shutdown at my plant. But now, I'm just kind of sitting here, feeling lost. I got out my old Kenmore, but haven't got the heart to work with it yet. Guess I practice my hand-quilting til I get my baby Bernina back. It's funny, but the last few months, I've been doing lots of sewing, quilting and making dolls, so I thought a break would be a good thing, instead I feel lost. No wonder my kids tell me I'm the police chief of Crazytown! :(

sewjoyce 06-11-2009 04:52 PM

I'm sorry you favorite baby is in the check up care center. But just think how much better she'll run when you get her back!! (Can you call and beg them just a little to get to your machine faster....sometimes begging and pleading can work wonders :roll: :roll: :oops: :roll: )

bj 06-11-2009 04:53 PM

I know what you mean. I'm stuck in a transitional apartment with no place to set up my machine. Hard for me to hand quilt (I did try it) but I have a boxer who thinks he's a lap dog if you have anything at all going on. Maybe he thinks he's helping. Anyway, I'm in quilt withdrawal right now and it is NOT fun!

amma 06-11-2009 04:54 PM

I would be feeling lost too!!! :(

julie 06-11-2009 04:59 PM

It's a thought. I was hoping my sad face would make an impression on them, but evidently not. They were too focussed on teaching the new employee how to use the computerized cash register.
Funny story. I walked into the store, carrying my heavy machine in one hand, with the power strip and foot control in a bag in the other. The clerk, evidently new, asks how she can help me. I set down the machine, and reel in my arm, and tell her I want to get my machine serviced. Long, long pause. She's staring at me, I'm staring at her. Then she says, "when did you bring it in?" HUH?!! I reply," just now, it's sitting here on the floor."
I'm wondering if she'll be there next week, when I go back to get it.

kwhite 06-11-2009 05:00 PM

Time for appliqué

sewjoyce 06-11-2009 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by julie
It's a thought. I was hoping my sad face would make an impression on them, but evidently not. They were too focussed on teaching the new employee how to use the computerized cash register.
Funny story. I walked into the store, carrying my heavy machine in one hand, with the power strip and foot control in a bag in the other. The clerk, evidently new, asks how she can help me. I set down the machine, and reel in my arm, and tell her I want to get my machine serviced. Long, long pause. She's staring at me, I'm staring at her. Then she says, "when did you bring it in?" HUH?!! I reply," just now, it's sitting here on the floor."

:lol: :lol: Does she even know what a sewing machine is??? :lol: :lol:

julie 06-11-2009 05:21 PM

I don't think she does. At least she isn't the person who does the servicing, I don't know what I'd be getting back! :shock:

MollieSue 06-11-2009 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by julie

lol!!!!!!!!!!! Almost made me spit my pop out!
I'd be feeling lost too! :cry: I think I'd spend the time getting tons cut out, all ready to sew when you get it back! You'll be ahead of the game! :-)

tlrnhi 06-11-2009 06:14 PM

I'm sorry your machine is getting a checkup and you are feeling lost. I say, fire up the other one so it can feel some love too! :)

Ok, the girl wasn't too smart. To work there, she's probably related to the owner and he just feels sorry for her. I sure as heck hope she doesn't work on the machines!
What you should have done is said.....my machine is right here on the counter, don't you see it? Then start petting "air" lol OR....you could have said.....a month ago and let her go looking for it. lol Ok, that's mean........hehe