Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I think I have found my calling (no pun intended!) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-think-i-have-found-my-calling-no-pun-intended-t221499.html)

yngldy 05-14-2013 02:35 PM

I think I have found my calling (no pun intended!)

I had gotten 5 phone calls from telemarketers today and it wasn't even noon yet!! I looked up the rules on the do not call site and if they call after you have been on the registry for more that 31 days, 4/07 was my date, then I can complain and they can be fined up to $16k. Don't know who gets the $$, but if I do, mama wants a new car!!! Anyway, I guess that is my new work-at-home job for at least the next week! I usually get 10 calls a day on the average. If I got $500 a pop, with 10 calls a day, 5 days a week, I could have a decent car paid for in 1 week. Hey, I could have a Ferrari in less that a month!! Or at least, maybe I can get them to stop!! lol Slow down the calls some....??

Really! I think we should start a movement. Every time we get a sales call, get their company name and phone number, go to your computer and make a complaint. It only takes a minute to complete the complaint. Maybe we can cut down on the calls. I know I am not the only one who wishes they would go away!

luce321 05-14-2013 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by yngldy (Post 6064123)
I had gotten 5 phone calls from telemarketers today and it wasn't even noon yet!! I looked up the rules on the do not call site and if they call after you have been on the registry for more that 31 days, 4/07 was my date, then I can complain and they can be fined up to $16k. Don't know who gets the $$, but if I do, mama wants a new car!!! Anyway, I guess that is my new work-at-home job for at least the next week! I usually get 10 calls a day on the average. If I got $500 a pop, with 10 calls a day, 5 days a week, I could have a decent car paid for in 1 week. Hey, I could have a Ferrari in less that a month!! Or at least, maybe I can get them to stop!! lol Slow down the calls some....??

Really! I think we should start a movement. Every time we get a sales call, get their company name and phone number, go to your computer and make a complaint. It only takes a minute to complete the complaint. Maybe we can cut down on the calls. I know I am not the only one who wishes they would go away!

Do you happen to have the number to make the complaints?

yngldy 05-14-2013 03:07 PM

https://www.donotcall.gov/faq/faqdefault.aspx

Tartan 05-14-2013 03:20 PM

Robocalls don't like talking to my answering machine. Until an actual person says Hello, I ignore the phone.

momto5 05-14-2013 03:25 PM

Another thing you can do, is pick up the phone after it's rung a couple of times, hit the "talk" button, and then hang up! I am SO fed up with these people....and yes, I recognize they are trying to make a living. However, SO AM I!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omacookie 05-14-2013 03:25 PM

I ignore ALL 800 numbers ! If they cannot leave a name and number then I do not want to hear their recording. Hugs PS Thats what answering machines are for.

chips88 05-14-2013 03:41 PM

i have one that calls for home security. i got tired of them calling so last night when they called i told them i had for my security were 2 dogs and a gun that is my security. they havent called tonight yet..:)

misspriss 05-14-2013 04:58 PM

My husband use to just love the tele-marketers. He would say he was so glad they called, hadn't talked to anyone all day, where the call was from and did they know so and so that lives there on Cedar. (Every town has a Cedar street). After a while of constant babble he would let them tell him about the sell and then he would ask what part of the welfare check did it come from.

M.Elizabeth 05-14-2013 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by momto5 (Post 6064219)
Another thing you can do, is pick up the phone after it's rung a couple of times, hit the "talk" button, and then hang up! I am SO fed up with these people....and yes, I recognize they are trying to make a living. However, SO AM I!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly what I do, as well!

selm 05-14-2013 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by omacookie (Post 6064221)
I ignore ALL 800 numbers ! If they cannot leave a name and number then I do not want to hear their recording. Hugs PS Thats what answering machines are for.

The ones I get don't come from 800 numbers. They are from all over the place. I use the answer/ hang up method to stop the ringing.