Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I went missing! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-went-missing-t20921.html)

leona07 06-03-2009 10:50 AM

Hello Everyone!! I have disappeared for the last couple of weeks. A lot has happened. I was laid off from my job, with no notice what-so-ever because there was not enough work to keep me busy. I sure hope I am able to find a new job soon. I am a paralegal so hopefully I will have a good shot at finding something soon.

My kitty who was having problems with a bladder stone went in for a check up last week and x-rays. The x-ray showed that the stone was not getting any smaller. I decided the best way to go was to have it surgically removed. In the long run it will be cheaper, and it will make her better faster. She has the surgery yesterday. Everything went wonderful!! The vet said she couldn't be doing any better!! YAY!!! I called this morning and I get to bring her home today. She is doing perfect! YAY!!!

Anyhow, I have been busy job searching, and visiting doctors and filling prescriptions before my insurance ran out. I have also been sewing!! This is the bright side of being laid off!! I sewed two really cute tote bags. I will post some pictures later. It has also been really nice in Seattle this past two weeks, so I have been spending a lot of time outdoors and down at the beach. So far being laid off feels more like vacation, but it's only been two weeks so I haven't had time to get bored yet!

I hope that you are all doing well, and am excited to get caught up with all the posts I have missed!!

Ducky 06-03-2009 10:58 AM

Welcome back! So sorry to hear about your job. Let's just hope everything starts to pick up SOON! Well, in between caring for your kitty and looking for another job, enjoy your time!!!! Would love to see the totes you made.

amma 06-03-2009 10:58 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about your lay off and kitty troubles!!! Happy to hear kitty is coming home, she will recover soo much better with you :wink: I hope that you find a new job opportunity soon, in the meantime is is wonderful that you are enjoying our wonderful weather and getting sewing time in too!!! Look forward to seeing your pictures :D :D :D

Quilt4u 06-03-2009 10:58 AM

Sorry to hear about your job. hopefully you will get a new one soon. Glad to hear that your kitty is doing much better.

Ninnie 06-03-2009 10:59 AM

Glad to have you back, leona, sorry about the job, hope you find another soon!

Glad to hear that kitty is doing alright and about to come home!

Ninnie

kwhite 06-03-2009 11:06 AM

I am glad you are back.

mytwopals 06-03-2009 11:13 AM

I'm glad kitty is doing much better. While I am a dog person, I hate to see any animal suffer. And of course, we're all glad you're back with us, too!

Darlene 06-03-2009 11:26 AM

Leona sorry to hear about your job. I am sure you will find something since you are trained. Also it is good news about your kitty. They do recover so fast.

Shemjo 06-03-2009 11:55 AM

Wow, you HAVE had your hands full! The job thing sux. Praying that you get what you need.
Glad that your kitty is on the mend. :lol:

Barbm 06-03-2009 01:50 PM

OMG- I NEED (Whining pathetically here) a paralegal so badddddd.......

But I live in PA. :( Good luck with your job search.