Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I won't be sewing for awhile (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-wont-sewing-awhile-t140591.html)

Lacelady 07-27-2011 08:07 AM

I do so empathise - my HQ Sweet Sixteen Sit Down developed a timing issue yesterday, and now it has to go on holiday to the UK to be fixed (no dealer here). They were very fair with me, it's under guarantee, so I'll get it fixed, and they are going to give me a free service, and I will pay for one way shipping.

But no, I can't go and get a back up for Sweetie, so I will have to wait it out - I'm going to tidy up a bit and start a lap quilt to take my mind off the wait.

Annaquilts 07-27-2011 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by ontheriver
So sorry. It's terrible when your machine is in for re pairs. Maybe time to look for a non computerized backup like a vintage singer? Hope you get it fixed and back in time for your retreat.

that is what I was thinking.

:thumbup:

I now have lots of them so if my Janome would ever need to go in then I have plenty to choose from. I am so glad your machine is still under warantie and I hope the fix will take care of everything.

Joyce DeBacco 07-27-2011 09:04 AM

So sorry for your dilemma. That is why I try to limit the amount of electronic gizmos in my house. They're great when they work, but when they don't....

DogHouseMom 07-27-2011 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Pegleg
WRONG It still wasn't working right. I took it back Friday. Now he has to order a new computer board. Thank God it is still under warranty.

The few times that I've had my machine at the dealer for repair, when he brings it out of the back room the first thing he does is turn it on and sew a few stitches - then he tells me about whatever work he did, and any recommendations he might have (like if I was doing something stupid <g>).

I used to think he was wasting my time by turning it on while I was in the shop - now I know why he does this.

Good luck with round 2.

plainpat 07-27-2011 09:14 AM

I have a Janome mechanical machine for back up. It's only been out of the box once, to make sure extra feet etc were in there.So,after 5 yrs,has never been used.Hope my regular machine lasts & lasts.

Jim's Gem 07-27-2011 10:42 AM

What a bummer!!! I hope you get it back in great running condition soon!!!

TootieAnn 07-27-2011 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
This is why you need multiple machines, no matter what your husband says ;-)
Glad it's still under warranty, & hope for a speedy turn around!

I agree! Hope you get your machine back soon!

pocoellie 07-27-2011 06:20 PM

So sorry about your machine, but it's great that it's still under warranty.

janiesews 07-28-2011 05:47 AM

Hope you get it home and in perfect working order soon.

Cassews 07-28-2011 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by ibeesewin
I HATE when that happens. I can not care about sewing for weeks (yup...I said that) but when my machine is in for repairs I start thinking about all the projects that I want to make. :D

Do you write them down ? I usually do (if I remember !LOL) and then I have an idea of what I wanted to do ..I always keep some type of Journal in the ol purse JUST for those occassions or when I am out and see something I like !