Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   If I Didn't Have A Dog... Or Cat... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/if-i-didnt-have-dog-cat-t194430.html)

GrandmaPeggy 07-12-2012 08:15 PM

I didn't know there was a "mud" season. Since it is flooding in the Houston area, our fur-baby is delaying potty trips. She had to wade in elbow deep water this morning when she went to her usual spot, but thankfully, it finally stopped raining for now. I'll have to thoroughly clean our covered patio (a/k/a "alternate potty").....later..... not looking forward to that chore. She liked it better because it was dry.

luvTooQuilt 07-12-2012 09:36 PM

Dog and cat owner here !!!

sandy l 07-13-2012 03:24 AM

I'm thinking of putting a label on all my quilts that say.........."Quilted with cat hair and love":D

JoyjoyMarie 07-13-2012 03:40 AM

We lost both our cats this spring. One had been ill for an extended time; the other just lost her 9th life on the road in front of our house. We haven't replaced them with a new family- it has been such a relief not to be worrying all the time (and paying the vet) for the older one, but my oh my how empty the house seems with just me and DH. We'll see how long we last. :)

damaquilts 07-13-2012 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by barri1 (Post 5359574)
I agree.. I'm blessed with a dog that doesn't shed.. but you will always find at least one poop bag in the wash, as I keep forgetting to take the unused ones out.. It's funny when people ask why I have a bag in my pocket..

I am always pulling poop bags out of the washer. lol Thanks for reminding me I need to add poop bags to my list of things to take tomorrow when I leave for Atlanta.

Redhead 07-13-2012 05:49 AM

I have 5 dogs and 1 cat!!! I love my fur kids.. They are better behaved then my kids were when they were growing up. My babies understand what the word "NO" means, I don't think my kids (ages 40 & 39) ever understood the word or maybe no meant "yes" in their teenage mind!!! LOL

Grandma Peg 07-13-2012 06:03 AM

Animals are so special. Keep telling our black lab that it is a good thing he loved because his shedding really does get to me. He's brushed often and I sweep every day (we have laminate floors lol) but there still is always hair. But he makes us so happy with his personality.

lillybeck 07-13-2012 06:48 AM

I have 2 dogs that are part chiuaua and 1 full blooded one. They shed so much that I think I could make a new dog every day. I used to have cocker spaniels and they never shed this bad. I wil keep them all even with the carpet that of course I put in before I had the dogs.

BuzzinBumble 07-13-2012 06:59 AM

Rebecca this is great and I'll be sending it to a few friends!
You described our homelife in a nutshell! We have 3 and often 4 doggies (I mean Angels) here!

Shayvian 07-13-2012 07:04 AM

I'm only allowed one furbaby (cat) where I live, and I give him credit for my sanity. He doesn't even charge by the hour!