Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   If you live in California.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/if-you-live-california-t131690.html)

cmagee84 06-19-2011 01:40 PM

...just wanted to say that I had an awesome vacation this past week! We spent a few days in Yosemite National Park enjoying awesome views and massive waterfalls. Then a few days in Monterey Bay. This Georgia girl was raised going to Atlantic coast beaches, such a difference. Too cold to swim, but it was beautiful, especially the 17-mile drive!! Then spent an afternoon running around San Francisco just to get a taste. We will definitely have to go back and see more.

So many wonderful places to see and visit all over the world!

MissSandra 06-19-2011 01:45 PM

I am from Ca, and I so miss it, I love the winters in NY , but there is nothing like CA in my life, all the fresh fish and vegtables things out here just don't last nor are they as fresh unless you grow your own garden. I am from North of San Fran in Sonoma County. My Family is there. and oh How I miss them!!! I'm glad you had a great time, and I hope you went to Monterey Bay Aquarium

cmagee84 06-19-2011 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by MissSandra
I am from Ca, and I so miss it, I love the winters in NY , but there is nothing like CA in my life, all the fresh fish and vegtables things out here just don't last nor are they as fresh unless you grow your own garden. I am from North of San Fran in Sonoma County. My Family is there. and oh How I miss them!!! I'm glad you had a great time, and I hope you went to Monterey Bay Aquarium

We didn't take time for the Aquarium this time, but did do the whale watching boat tour. Mistake for me! The choppy waters that were supposed to be calm did not make me feel so great...so to the back of the boat I went! :oops:

We did get some fresh fruit and it was so awesome! My 16 yr old daughter couldn't get over all the things growing everywhere. We drove from Yosemite to Monterey and saw lots of agriculture. From Monterey we drove up Hwy 1 toward San Fran and saw even more. I told her that all the fruits and veggies I bring home, when it is not our growing season here, are from CA!

Jim's Gem 06-19-2011 02:26 PM

I love my state!! Yosemite is a favorite place for our family to go and camp. So beautiful!!!!!!

I am south of where you went but in my town we are surrounded by strawberries and by lemon and avocado orchards. Our County is a huge farming county. Even though I live in a suburb with a very suburban home, I can get fresh fruit and veggies by just picking from a tree from just about any neighbor's yard, (including my own lemon, lime and orange trees) We are so spoiled by our fresh veggies and fruit!!!!

JCquilts 06-19-2011 02:42 PM

I am a California girl too, but live in Kansas. Miss it!
Glad you had a great time. You just touched the surface of what California has to offer.

craftybear 06-19-2011 02:56 PM

glad you enjoyed your vacation, I have never been to California before

Originally Posted by cmagee84
...just wanted to say that I had an awesome vacation this past week! We spent a few days in Yosemite National Park enjoying awesome views and massive waterfalls. Then a few days in Monterey Bay. This Georgia girl was raised going to Atlantic coast beaches, such a difference. Too cold to swim, but it was beautiful, especially the 17-mile drive!! Then spent an afternoon running around San Francisco just to get a taste. We will definitely have to go back and see more.

So many wonderful places to see and visit all over the world!

jrharry 06-19-2011 03:00 PM

Glad you had a wonderful time visiting my State. Yosemite is one of the most beautiful parks in the nation. I was born in the bay area and moved to Northern Califorina in the mid 80's. Don't know if you had a chance in San Francisco to ride the transit system (BART), but my husband and I worked for them for 18 years. We then transplanted to Northern California via Alaska, Washington State and then back to California. We live in a rural area were they say there are more cows then there are people. When we leave our house we drive east looking at majestic Mt. Lassen an if driving north we look at Mt. Shasta, both inactive volcanos. California is a beautiful state with beautiful beaches, mountains and rivers. Hopefully on your next visit you can come north of Sacramento. Oh,this is the hot area of the state, 100 today!

Blue's quilting mama 06-19-2011 03:06 PM

Glad you had such a wonderful time in our beautiful state!

hoppyfrog 06-19-2011 05:29 PM

I'm glad you had a great time in Yosemite. I live and work just outside of the park at the Hwy 140 entrance (Arch Rock). I've been here 35 years and can't think of anywhere I'd rather live.

nellie 06-19-2011 05:49 PM

im so glad you had a nice time in our state come back soon the fun is just starting