Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I'm liking this alone time... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/im-liking-alone-time-t20474.html)

Butterfli19 05-23-2009 03:02 PM

Daughter lives with her fiancee and son went camping last night. I will go pick him up in Maine tomorrow. BF has been banned as I am taking Nancy time. I LOVE IT!

I went grocery shopping and bought fabric then went to a different store for interfacing which I forgot to buy because I got side-tracked looking at fabric. I cleaned the entire house, did a bunch of laundry, overate ravioli for dinner and the dishes are soaking. I can sew later or not or early tomorrow morning. I could cross stitch or not or I can plan my projects or not. It's me and Allie and I just fed her so she's happy sitting atop the back of the couch looking outside. I should try that, lol.

Ahhh, so this is what it's like to live alone...

2K 05-23-2009 03:10 PM

Isn't it wonderful how you can let discipline go out the window and do what you want WHEN you want for a while?

Perhaps Allie has JUST the right idea. Peace and quiet time to "watch the outdoor movie"! 8)

Enjoy!

sewjoyce 05-23-2009 03:43 PM

Oh golly, I really love my alone time!! I wonder now I ever survived without it!

Shemjo 05-23-2009 05:41 PM

I am a single with critters! I get to do whatever whenever! I even decided to stay home this weekend and not visit out of town, and I am luxuriating in the total freedom! No one has any claim on my time for a couple days, AND Monday is MINE also! :lol:

sewjoyce 05-23-2009 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
I am a single with critters! I get to do whatever whenever! I even decided to stay home this weekend and not visit out of town, and I am luxuriating in the total freedom! No one has any claim on my time for a couple days, AND Monday is MINE also! :lol:

You go girl!!

littlehud 05-23-2009 06:28 PM

I used to love my alone time. Than son moved home, that youngest daughter moved home, and then oldest daughter and grand daughter moved home. I have forgotten what along time is. I envy you.

Harmony 05-23-2009 07:06 PM

You cleaned the house and did laundry on your Me Day? Are you NUTS????!!!! I've gotta say, you're a better woman than I am--I probably would have sewed all day in my nightgown!

Barbm 05-24-2009 04:11 AM

I take my "me time" early in the morning on week ends. So quiet- I love it. Flip channels on TV, throw in some wash, check out the board (always a must!) and really just putz around for 2 hours. Lots of times I sew- I can get a lot done in an hour. May not accomplish much, but it's a relaxing time for me.

It's what I'm doing now- load of wash in, took the dogs out, coloring my hair, checking out the board, planning my day- was supposed to be moving day for the office, but t-storms forecast for the afternoon. Hair will be done by time to get ready for church and then I'll look purty- no more "natural highlights" as my friend says.

Ahh, mornings!

Butterfli19 05-24-2009 04:12 AM

Well, I did go out and buy fabric then washed it and dried it. Today I hope to get in some sewing time before picking up son. Most fabric stores around here don't open until later so I may have to catch JoAnn's sale tomorrow. Funny, I get a sale flier and I react like a bee to a flower. Zoom! There I go!

sandpat 05-24-2009 04:20 AM

Sounds like just the perfect day to me! It difficult to get ANY alone time around my house...well, actually, its impossible :roll: