Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   iPad Word Processing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ipad-word-processing-t238657.html)

Lynda in TN 01-12-2014 05:22 AM

iPad Word Processing

I have had my iPad for awhile and have tried several word processing programs...mostly free ones, my favorite word! None of them seem to allow me to do what I want to do. On a laptop I can open an empty page, copy text and pictures somewhere, put it in the empty page, name it, and organize it in a file. Such as, a quilt pattern or recipe...cut, paste, save, put into appropriate file. Can anyone suggest an iPad program that allows me to do this...preferably free (my favorite) or cheap (almost as good!)?

BTW, I rarely post to the board, but read most everything on the email I get daily. You ladies are so very talented and do such wonderful work. I have been in a slump for awhile, but you sure make me want to get back at it! Thanks for sharing!

DebraK 01-12-2014 05:40 AM

I like using Evernote for the tasks you mentioned.

Misty's Mom 01-12-2014 05:56 AM

I also use evernote

SewExtremeSeams 01-12-2014 08:58 AM

I am interested in the answers to your questions.

quiltwiz 01-13-2014 04:44 AM

Not sure if this will help, but I just add it to my home screen as an app...or take a screen shot (such as recipes) and then always have it in my camera roll. I then make an album for each subject I want to file. Such as Grandkids, Recipes, Christmas Party 2013, etc. I have Evernote but have not learned how to get around in it yet. Might work better than my methods. Hope you find a way that works for you.

w1613s 01-13-2014 04:57 AM

Check out the App Store. The icon should be on your desktop.

I just did a cursory check on the App Store offerings so I wouldn't be sending you off into Never Never Land. There are a couple, three that might fit your bill.

If you find something you like, please let us know. Good luck.

Pat

Lynda in TN 01-13-2014 04:58 AM

A quick glance shows three different Evernote apps...which do you use? None give a decent description of what they actually do. The picture idea is something I had not thought of, too, but not sure it will do what I want. I love my iPad, but sometimes miss the laptop! Thanks, y'all!

alleyoop1 01-13-2014 05:39 AM

No idea what program would be best, BUT you can download "drop box" for free and anything you like, create or want to save on your tablet can be 'dropped' into this program and pulled up on your laptop. I use it for the photos I take with my tablet mostly.

coopah 01-13-2014 06:21 AM

I do screen shots and save to camera roll, as well. When I want to copy something, I just put my finger gently on the screen and a bar pops up that allows "copy' as well as other options. Then I go to mail or notes and paste it there. Rarely do I use iPad as a word processor, so hope this helps.

flikkem 01-13-2014 06:37 AM

iPad word processing

Originally Posted by Lynda in TN (Post 6508072)
I have had my iPad for awhile and have tried several word processing programs...mostly free ones, my favorite word! None of them seem to allow me to do what I want to do. On a laptop I can open an empty page, copy text and pictures somewhere, put it in the empty page, name it, and organize it in a file. Such as, a quilt pattern or recipe...cut, paste, save, put into appropriate file. Can anyone suggest an iPad program that allows me to do this...preferably free (my favorite) or cheap (almost as good!)?

BTW, I rarely post to the board, but read most everything on the email I get daily. You ladies are so very talented and do such wonderful work. I have been in a slump for awhile, but you sure make me want to get back at it! Thanks for sharing!

I just got my iPad last month and downloaded a program called Pages.
I was able to easily convert a doc to Word and send it to my home computer for more detailed editing and printing.
I look forward to learning more from the responses you get.