Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Izabella's First day of School (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/izabellas-first-day-school-t199803.html)

LovingIzabella 09-07-2012 07:28 AM

Izabella's First day of School

2 Attachment(s)
okay and her second too lol She likes to wear her hair down and loves dresses. She went in to first grade this year and is so excited about school. She is thrilled daddy taught her how to read a tape measure because the neighbor's son who is a year ahead of her told her she will learn about inches in first grade. She said now I can help others because I know from the tape! :)
Hugs
April

Tartan 09-07-2012 08:03 AM

She is adorable! I think she looks beautiful with her hair down but remember......head lice season will be starting as soon as the children get back in school.

Grandma Bonnie 09-07-2012 08:09 AM

She is beautiful!!! Very pretty hair and both her dresses are very pretty, too. It's nice to see little girls that like dresses - a lot of them don't!

Neesie 09-07-2012 08:29 AM

She's such a beautiful child!!!

I second the warning about head lice! Those critters can be found even in the best of schools. They travel on hats, brushes, barrettes, etc. Long, loose hair almost begs other little girls to brush it. Maybe she'd consent to a French braid or something of that sort. :)

crafty pat 09-07-2012 08:33 AM

She is a beautiful little girl and the dresses are so pretty.

Anael 09-07-2012 10:01 AM

She's a cute girl and if I would have hair like that I would wear it down too all the time! Did you make those cute dresses yourself?

debbieumphress 09-07-2012 10:05 AM

She has grown up so much in the last few years
Beautiful dresses. I wish more students would still dress like this. It's just so cute. Such a little lady. Hugs

LovingIzabella 09-07-2012 10:28 AM

Thank you all so much for the kind words. I am thrilled she likes to wear the dresses because to me little girls should :)
I wish I could make clothes...I would love to be able to make her cute, unique things to wear and her and I could pick the fabrics together-how fun!
I know head lice can be an issue. I have a spray that I brush through her hair that is supposed to keep them away, plus she won't let anyone else use her hat or use theirs and no way anyone will touch her hair with a brush that isn't hers so hopefully, fingers crossed, eyes & toes crossed we won't have to deal with head lice.
Thank you again she sure has grown quick!
hugs
April

Nanamoms 09-07-2012 10:51 AM

April, she is so beautiful!! She's like my 5yo DGD...she likes to wear dresses, too. And she wants her hair down straight. Sometimes, she WILL wear it in a ponytail with a bow but otherwise she wants it "free". Of course, she's still a big tomboy but I'm sure that's because she has a big brother!!

Jingle 09-07-2012 06:53 PM

Very pretty girl, hair and dresses. Yes they certainly grow up fast. Grandkids seem to go up even faster.