Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Janome 7700 sewing machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/janome-7700-sewing-machine-t109227.html)

pennymarlene 03-20-2011 12:57 PM

OK, I have a new 7700 Janome. I have this delima. This is directed to those of you who happen to have the Janome 7700. 1. I want to applique this quilt top. I need to used the bobbin as I am planning on using speciality thread. OK, 1. The thread on a bobbin which is about 4" long. It won't fit in the thread spool section nor on the vertical thread holder to fill the bobbin. How can I do this. Would I need a cone holder and if so, where would I locate the cone to fill the bobbin? My other problem is that I have misplaced or lost my machine manuel. I've been searching the internet and have found no infor. and I have email Janome,but havn't heard from the. Any suggestions.
Hoping I hear from someone. I live on Maui and options are fairly limited.
Thanks you, PennyMarlene

Gramie bj 03-20-2011 01:04 PM

E-Mail Janome again I have had to contact the company twice both times I had to send a second E-Mail and I mentioned it was my second attempt to contact them. They contacted me within 24 hrs after the second E-Mail was sent and said they had not recieved the first. Once I can believe, but twice? in the same month? Oh well try again

miss_ticky2 03-20-2011 01:07 PM

Hi...if you haven't already done so, go and join the Yahoo group for JanomeHorizon 7700. I think there is a manual available there, or one of the members can email one to you.

Sorry, can't help much with your other questions regarding the thread. Oh...I think I remember someone on the yahoo group mentioning putting the cone in a cup behind your machine and they taped a paper clip to the top of the machine for the thread to run up through and then through the normal threading guides. Perhaps that would work.

Blessings
Janice

scowlkat 03-20-2011 01:13 PM

Could you just put the spool of thread in a cup beside the machine and run the thread through the thread guides from there to the bobbin winder like some people do with metallic threads.

SewMomma66 03-20-2011 01:26 PM

Ditto from miss_ticky. Love my Horizon and love the yahoo group!

Vicki W 03-20-2011 03:55 PM

There is a cone holder (thread stand) available for the 7700

pennymarlene 03-21-2011 11:19 AM

Thank you for the quick response. I checked my email this am and to my 'happy delight' Janome responded. I am printing the manual as we email.!!! Now I'm on to the other problelm which someone answsered. Again, Thank you.

pennymarlene 03-21-2011 11:21 AM

I thought of that but the 7700 top opens up and blocks the back of the machine. If I were to do it in front where the spool would be would (I think) block my access to the large area (which I love) for my quilt to go through. But I'm checking on that. Thank you for your response.

pennymarlene 03-21-2011 11:22 AM

Thanks, and yes indeed I love my 7700 and my 6500 and my small machine.

pennymarlene 03-21-2011 11:23 AM

boy am I going to check out the possibility of a thread holder. Could you help me and tell me should I go through Janome or our one and only dealer which is on Honolulu?

I'm so looking forward to using all the lovely things on my 7700.