Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/june2011-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t126896.html)

Pam H 06-01-2011 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Xylie55

Originally Posted by Pam H
I'm so glad I saw this. I really needed something to get me going. I am in a play the 3rd weekend in July and I need to lose as much weight as possible in the next 7 weeks. Woo hoo!!

Hi,welcome,How much do or want you to lose by then?

I have 24 lbs to lose. Don't know if it's possible (or healthy) to lose that much in 7 weeks.

NannySandy 06-01-2011 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by DanaNVa
Is there a white or neutral requirement?

Each month, on this thread, we have a "theme" for the FQ that we send the biggest loser. This month's theme is white or neutral colored FQ. Welcome to this thread, and good luck. Sandy

lawsonmugs 06-01-2011 12:32 PM

Hi Missy haven't seen you on here. Are you doing ok now? Have your nerves settled down? I also would like to know how many signed up this month. Mary

purplemem 06-01-2011 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Hi Missy haven't seen you on here. Are you doing ok now? Have your nerves settled down? I also would like to know how many signed up this month. Mary

Everyone who has signed up has posted on the thread, remember this is just June 1. We usually have stragglers, especially since I have not closed the other thread yet.

Would anyone like to list or count the participants for us?

NannySandy 06-01-2011 12:40 PM

Rita's Mom, I also do not like for anyone to see "wt numbers" I've written down, so I don't usually write them down. That's why I've been so surprised at myself for writing my numbers so freely on the wt loss thread. But then again, you are all going through the same thing I'm going through and there is no way anyone I would not want to see my weight, would ever find it here. Also, the journal/binder that I am making for my wt loss journey does NOT have my weight listed anywhere in it.....just in case. When we moved from FL to AL last year and I went to get AL drivers license, I almost had a fit when I found out AL puts your weight on your license. Oh, you should see how I hide my license... That thing is kept in a secret hiding place. Just the other night, I was trying to decide when I want to go get new license? How many pounds do I want to lose before getting a new license? I will know when the time is right.

Also, I agree that depression has a lot to do with weight loss. When a person is depressed, they basically don't care about themselves, how they look, how they feel. Therefore, there is more of a tendency to overeat and not care about what or how much you eat. Just my thoughts. Sandy

MissyGirl 06-01-2011 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs

I am doing much better. I had the lapband surgery last week. It was a dream come true for me.

I will say that it is so strange to never feel hunger or feel the desire to eat. I eat about an egg-sized amount every 4 hrs or so.

I go back to the surgeon on Monday to weigh in and have the surgeon check out how my incisions are healing. I am excited about weighing in.

Missy

NannySandy 06-01-2011 12:51 PM

Missy, I'm glad you are getting along good since your surgery. You've been in my prayers. Take care. Big hugs, Sandy

lawsonmugs 06-01-2011 12:56 PM

Missy so glad for you. Good luck and continue to let us know how your doing. I for one like hearing. Mary

pnptrapp 06-01-2011 01:00 PM

HOping this will definetly give me the kick in the pants I need to bust through this platue! I actually weighed myself this morning too!

janice4 06-01-2011 01:04 PM

signing in.. on day 6 of a great detox diet and feeling great :)