Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Just can't wait (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/just-cant-wait-t225644.html)

OKLAHOMA PEACH 07-12-2013 07:25 AM

Just can't wait

Vacation starts 6PM tonight, 9 straight days, its so hard not to watch the clock, lol lol. My want to do list is so so long, the sewing machines are greased, oiled and clean, ready to go. Everyone have a wonderful weekend.

ThreadsofTimeFab 07-12-2013 07:39 AM

What are you going to work on??

MartiMorga 07-12-2013 07:46 AM

Looks like you have a stay-cation planned! I can't think of a better way to spend my gas money - on MATERIAL!!!! And just tell me one amusement ride that is more exciting than driving a sewing machine!!! Have fun!

OKLAHOMA PEACH 07-12-2013 08:04 AM

I have a quilt for ds that I'm making 52 squares, have 14 made, I have a hand pieced top that all it needs is border and one sashing to finish, want to make me a new bag and one for dd, have a 5 mo old gd that needs Nanie's attention. I love summer.

QuiltnNan 07-12-2013 08:15 AM

enjoy your vacation

cindi 07-12-2013 08:26 AM

I hope your 9 days off go better than mine are right now when it comes to quilting! I started off the first day quilting, then opened a kitchen cabinet and couldn't take it anymore. I have now been "clearing out" my house for the last 9 days. That includes shredding 6 boxes of old tax statements and receipts, and clearing and cleaning every single cabinet, drawer and closet of anything we don't use anymore. Plus making trips to goodwill and the dump. If I can't give it away, it's getting pitched. I don't do garage sales. Just have the basement storage area (thank goodness it's small!) to do now. Oh, and my sewing room, which I'm saving for last! I guess the clutter was just too much to take anymore. Stay on task and quilt - It's much more fun!!

Smoothsewing 07-12-2013 08:49 AM

have a wonderful vacation adn post pics when you get back. Smiles.

Jan in VA 07-12-2013 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by cindi (Post 6173429)
I hope your 9 days off go better than mine are right now when it comes to quilting! I started off the first day quilting, then opened a kitchen cabinet and couldn't take it anymore. I have now been "clearing out" my house for the last 9 days. That includes shredding 6 boxes of old tax statements and receipts, and clearing and cleaning every single cabinet, drawer and closet of anything we don't use anymore. .... Just have the basement storage area (thank goodness it's small!) to do now. .....

I don't know you so maybe it's possible.......but if any of the "elder" of us were saying this, I'd wonder how on earth they got pregnant, 'cause it sure sounds like "nesting" to me!!:)

Faaah! I'm really glad my old age has redeemed me from *that* worry and I rarely get into such a mood now.

AND if I did, I'd just go take a nap til that mood passed!!!:D

Jan in VA

cindi 07-12-2013 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 6173528)
I don't know you so maybe it's possible.......but if any of the "elder" of us were saying this, I'd wonder how on earth they got pregnant, 'cause it sure sounds like "nesting" to me!!:)

Faaah! I'm really glad my old age has redeemed me from *that* worry and I rarely get into such a mood now.

AND if I did, I'd just go take a nap til that mood passed!!!:D

Jan in VA

Oh Jan, that made me laugh :) I'm SO way past that pregnancy thing, thank goodness. I've got grandchildren! I just can't stand clutter.

ThreadsofTimeFab 07-12-2013 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by OKLAHOMA PEACH (Post 6173400)
I have a quilt for ds that I'm making 52 squares, have 14 made, I have a hand pieced top that all it needs is border and one sashing to finish, want to make me a new bag and one for dd, have a 5 mo old gd that needs Nanie's attention. I love summer.

Sounds like a great vacation :)