Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Just down in the dumps!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/just-down-dumps-t26252.html)

diannemc 09-29-2009 02:31 PM

DH took a job in another town and I am left here to sell the house...I don't have a problem moving it is just being here all by myself...It was nice at first but now I get lonely...You would think I would take this time to sew and quilt all the time but every time I pull my stuff out someone calls to look at the house...I am so tired of this..Thought we had it sold two or three times but they fell through..I have gotten my hopes up so many times..I enjoy coming here and reading on this forum I don't feel quite as lonely... I have a baby quilt put together that I am quilting on at night. I am just ready to get this moving over with...

justwannaquilt 09-29-2009 02:42 PM

It sucks. I was stuck at home with two kids, two cats and a dog the whole time my husband was in Iraq yet I fet alone even when I was surrounded by people!

Hope the house sells soon!

liblueeyes 09-29-2009 03:09 PM

I think we all feel down in the dumps sometimes. Try and keep up with the things you enjoy - it may help the time to go by sooner! Got left to sell the house once too.. with two kids .... so I know where you are coming from. I will be thinking of you.

diannemc 09-29-2009 03:10 PM

Well my girls are in college so it is just me and 4 cats. :cry: DH comes home on the weekends..Don't sleep good at night by myself..so I am tired during the day..This has been going on for 7 long months..

Lacelady 09-29-2009 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by diannemc
Well my girls are in college so it is just me and 4 cats. :cry: DH comes home on the weekends..Don't sleep good at night by myself..so I am tired during the day..This has been going on for 7 long months..

Aw, sending you {{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}. I wish I could send you house buyers though.

Maride 09-29-2009 03:56 PM

I feel for you. I have done it twice in 20 years. DH took a job 8 hour away 10 years ago and I was left alone with two kids (ages 13 and 6) and saw him only twice a week. Last year he lost that job and took another job in California. We are in NY. He left in November and we didn't see him again until March. I was again left alone with my two boys ages 14 and 5, one of them was there the first time with me.

He had to come back home sick after 4 months. We are together again and swear that will never get separated like that. We are also selling our house and got an offer in May. We were supposed to close in July but we didn't and after much research I found out in late August that they were trying to get out of the contract. We are starting a lawsuit for breaking the contract because they held our house from being sold to someone else for the best month for real state here and all the expenses we had to meet their requirements to buy the house, plus we even moved to make the house available for them. People don't think how much damage they do to other and that they can sign a contract and then just walk out.

I hope you have better luck selling your house.

Maria

Quaint Quilter 09-29-2009 04:53 PM

I couldn't imagine not being able to see my DH everyday. I hope you are able to sell the house soon so you can be reunited with your love. Good luck!

tuesy 09-29-2009 05:56 PM

(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))) I so understand... My DH was in the Air Force and on those times when he had to go TDY for weeks on end, I didn't like it at all. Here's hoping and praying that you get the house sold quick!!

earthwalker 09-29-2009 06:41 PM

There's nothing more stressful than moving and getting new jobs....I am sorry you are feeling so blue....Hope you find a buyer soon...maybe just stick to designing whilst you have your home being invaded! It'll be easier to tidy away. All the best.

wvdek 09-29-2009 06:51 PM

Hugs from WV. You are not alone here. Wish we could be there to help you through: go out to eat, have a cup 'o tea, take you to your local LQS, go visit someone or someplace. How about writing down in a notebook how you will arrange your new sewing space?

Come back and talk. We're here for you.