Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Kelim (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/kelim-t245689.html)

Jan in VA 04-25-2014 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Banaz (Post 6690355)
I'm glad that have good friends in QB.Iran is under sanctions and we haven't the book, magazine about quilting and EQ and many things necessary such as drug.
I'm learning from all here.Thanks for tutorials,encouragement and comments.

It is interesting for us to learn a little bit about your country, your life, from one who actually lives there -- instead of from news media. It's sad for many of us when we hear of the deprivation other cultures live under, such as the shortages you mentioned.

How did you learn your lovely English?
Besides quilting and other fiber crafts, what things keep you busy each day?
Do you have pets like so many here on QB do?

Please feel free not to answer if this invades your privacy! I only ask in the curiosity of one quilter for another; I do not intend to be impolite. :o :)

DogHouseMom 04-25-2014 12:55 PM

Lovely Banaz!! Thank you for sharing.

I too would love to hear more about your country, especially where quilting and other fabric arts are concerned if you are willing to share.

Stitchnripper 04-25-2014 01:35 PM

That is very beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us.

bjrusty 04-25-2014 01:38 PM

awesome work of art. Barb

jbj137 04-25-2014 02:16 PM

*** Simply Beautiful

JanieH 04-25-2014 04:09 PM

That is stunning - can't wait to see it finished!

Banaz 04-26-2014 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 6690889)
It is interesting for us to learn a little bit about your country, your life, from one who actually lives there -- instead of from news media. It's sad for many of us when we hear of the deprivation other cultures live under, such as the shortages you mentioned.

How did you learn your lovely English?
Besides quilting and other fiber crafts, what things keep you busy each day?
Do you have pets like so many here on QB do?

Please feel free not to answer if this invades your privacy! I only ask in the curiosity of one quilter for another; I do not intend to be impolite. :o :)

Iran is a country with different climate,Types of fruits and saffron and oil-rich.Most factories are closed , there is Chinese goods in the markets and drugs are from china and India. My colleague died after cesarean Because anesthetic was china.Most medicines are past expiration date but are used.Internet is very slow here and also filter,youtube and facebook are lock and must be used anti filter. I'm a teacher.Leisure hours I do crochet,knitting,cross stitch,traditional hand work,kelim,carpet.
When I was at high school and then at the University We had 2 hour English on week .your comments is useful for Better understand and the writing .There's English Language classes and my friends go for learn.Yes ,Few people have dog and cat,We have 3cats and 2 kitties that Born two weeks ago .Thanks for your interest and attention.

Yooper32 04-26-2014 03:32 AM

Beautiful weaving you are doing, and thank you for sharing it with us. Thank you also for telling us a bit about your life and your country.

pennycandy 04-26-2014 05:24 AM

Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us. I would not have the patience to set up the loom.

Auntie V 04-26-2014 06:56 AM

Your work is beautiful! Thank you for sharing both your work and a peak into your life.