Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Kindles (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/kindles-t142251.html)

lbc 08-05-2011 09:20 AM

My daughter was ill a few months ago and needed my help so I packed up for a trip to Oregon, which included 4 books in my suitcase. After staying with her for two weeks I returned home and a few days later was surprised when a Kindle arrived in the mail as a thank you. She didn't like me packing heavy books. What a sweet daughter I have. I do still use the library when I am home but love the kindle for travel.

JusticeClan 08-05-2011 12:31 PM

I don't, but my husband wants a Kindle and thought I buy one for his birthday. So, I need to know too what everyone says about them.

quiltntoday 08-05-2011 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Joyce DeBacco
Word around my writing forums is that Amazon will be pushing a new Kindle model in the fall, just in time for the Christmas buying season. So if you're thinking of getting one, maybe you should wait and see what they're going for. They also might reduce the price of the older models when the new comes out.

Well, that's good news and a definite reason to put off my buying decision. I really want a Kindle but haven't bought one yet. Our library is so awesome and has such a great selection of books. We can put books on Hold and it draws from the entire surrounding libraries. But I still want a Kindle some day.

IrishNY 08-05-2011 07:51 PM

I have a Kindle and I love it!

drgranny 08-05-2011 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I gave my two DDs and their DHs and my DH Kindles last year for Christmas. They love them, even the one (my DH) that said he'd never use it! His Kindle goes everywhere he does. It's not just for books. He reads the daily newspapers, and magazines, has word games on it too.

I decided I want an IPad after using my DGD's. It's amazing.

I hate my ipad!!! Wish I had gotten a Nook or Kindle.

Marysewfun 08-06-2011 08:14 AM

My Kindle just arrived yesterday afternoon - and I love it!!

I had no problem directly downloading a purchase to it, and reloading what I had recently purchased through my computer (free PC) from Amazon on to it. I am in love - - --

Marysewfun

Nikki 08-06-2011 09:04 AM

love my Kindle DX. Have it with me all the time. Was just on Amazon this morning. Currently working on The Help and next is Heaven Is For Real. Everyone is saying that is awesome as well. Hope to get some reading caught up this weekend.

Rubyrednails2 08-07-2011 05:19 AM

I have had the Kindle for nearly a year and LOVE it! I have a bright red cover for it and don't think I will ever go back to reading or buying paperbacks or hard cover books. It is so easy and convenient to load books on my Kindle and many are free.

Michellesews 08-07-2011 05:21 AM

I have a Kindle. I love the fact that I can have a book in seconds. I do miss turning pages though...guess I will get over that in time...lol.

Quilt-Till-U-Wilt 08-07-2011 05:41 AM

I can't say I'll never read a hard cover book again. I read about a new book and thought it sounded interesting so I have it on hold at the library. If I wanted to load it on my kindle it would have been $12.99. Just can't justify paying that when the library is just a couple of miles away.