Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Laid Up & Quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/laid-up-quilting-t85544.html)

stevendebbie25 12-27-2010 01:37 PM

Just a friendly catch up. I'm SOOO excited. I had double eye surgery, and it's healing nicely. They tested my eyes Wed. before Christmas, and my visual field has greatly increased, my 'light' perception has also increased. Now they say when they replace my lens in both eyes, I should see pretty clear...BIG improvement, unbelievable. I still have a distortion that's not fixable, it's "in the brain" so that's probably lost roaming around forever in there.

This Wed. I'm having my 4th foot surgery, PLEASE let this be the last. So, I'll be laid up a while, and will be piecing the yo yo's I've received into that cancer quilt (hand stitching work). I have the centeral ribbon designed. I'll just keep working to see what size it turns out. Yes, I'll post a photo when I get done.

So, packed up Christmas, cleaning house, tonight organizing the sewing room, lining everything up so I can "have something to do" when I can't get around. And we have a blizzard coming Wed to Sun, good time to be down I guess. At least my husband is home (vacation time) to take care of me. Had a wonderful Christmas with 3 of our daughters, 11 of us home.

Thank you all again for helping me with yo yo's and cancer fabric. Now that Christmas is behind me, I'll be moving forward on these new projects. I appreciate you all so much for your help & support. Debbie

Qbee 12-27-2010 01:43 PM

Oh my gosh Debbie....I am so sorry you are having so much trouble! I will be praying for a speedy recover for you! I haven't seen you on Chat lately but might have just missed you. I hope your surgery goes well. Good luck!

clem55 12-27-2010 01:47 PM

Prayers for a successful recovery

stevendebbie25 12-27-2010 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Qbee
Oh my gosh Debbie....I am so sorry you are having so much trouble! I will be praying for a speedy recover for you! I haven't seen you on Chat lately but might have just missed you. I hope your surgery goes well. Good luck!

Thanks Qbee... I wasn't "seeing" enough to visit chat for a while. Then Christmas & family. Now preparing again.
Surgery doesn't bother me, this will be my 41st in 30 yrs.
I just want it finally over. Very happy on the news of my eyes. I pop in sometimes on chat, but if I don't feel I can "visit" I usually pop out again. Maybe when I'm stuck "down" I'll be more in chat too.
Thank you for the well wishes, Debbie

wolfkitty 12-27-2010 01:54 PM

I hope all goes well! It's nice that you will have something quilty to do while you are laid up.

Lacelady 12-27-2010 02:23 PM

Get well soon and I hope the weather isn't too bad.

suebee 12-27-2010 02:33 PM

Wow Debbie - you've sure had your fair share. Time to relax and let everyone wait on you. Take care of yourself. Sounds like you have a good project to keep you busy.

FranW 12-27-2010 02:44 PM

Good Luck - I'll be praying for a speedy recovery for you.

fleurdelisquilts.com 12-27-2010 02:49 PM

Prayers and well-wishes coming your way. Hope you enjoy your time hand-piecing.

Gina_D 12-27-2010 03:16 PM

Best of luck to you in 2011. May you have a healthy & happy New Year!