Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Last Night's Visitor (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/last-nights-visitor-t228711.html)

Neesie 08-25-2013 08:20 AM

Last Night's Visitor

2 Attachment(s)
I was wondering why this birdbath was sometimes empty, in the mornings. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]432120[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]432121[/ATTACH]

quiltingloulou 08-25-2013 08:22 AM

Oh Neesie what great pictures. It's the night thief - still, at least you know now.

Chasing Hawk 08-25-2013 08:32 AM

Cute, our dogs drink out of ours. :) Which is funny they all have 5 gallon water troughs and another 1 gallon bowl to drink out of. I guess it must taste better.

Kola the cat drinks out of the bamboo plants ceramic pot all the time. And she has one of those water bottles that keeps a basin filled at all times. We even put rocks in it thinking that is what she likes about my plants water...lol Needless to say my poor bamboo plant never gets fertilized.

Grandma Bonnie 08-25-2013 08:32 AM

Yes, now you know where the water goes! Glad you got the pictures!

QuiltingNinaSue 08-25-2013 08:41 AM

Great picture; you must have been sleepless last night, just waiting for the right moment. Looks like it might be dry in your area, for a deer to risk coming into water in the bird bath.

Then again, Animals will do what animals do. We have several 'clear' water pans around for the seven cats to drink out of for fresh water...and they go down to drink out of the small child's wadding pool that the ducks have gotten all dirty washing their beaks off and swining into the pool water.

Neesie 08-25-2013 09:16 AM

It's a motion-sensor camera. However, I actually was awake and sitting in the living room, at that time! :eek: We live "out in the country" and often see deer running through the rear of our property. There's a creek that runs along the side but unless we get a lot of rain, it drains quickly. I have two birdbaths and rinse/fill them both, each evening (and again in the morning, if they need it). The other birdbath is closer to the treeline and during the dryer times, is frequently emptied at night. That one also had a visitor but still had some water in it (this morning), so I'm surprised the deer chose this one, which is pretty close to the house.

Waiting on a lawn mower belt to arrive, in order to cut that grass! :p

crafty pat 08-25-2013 09:27 AM

That is a great photo. Here, they come up to my walk and eat the plants. Even in the daylight they will come up in yards to eat the plants. It is so very dry here they will look for food and water where they can find it.

ube quilting 08-25-2013 09:35 AM

That is very funny. They are so smart and opportunistic. The deer in my woods stand and watch from about forty feet away when DH put out corn and seed for them. They are at it as soon as he goes around the corner of the house, like clock work.
What fun.
peace

QUILTNMO 08-25-2013 11:15 AM

too funny!!!

nygal 08-25-2013 11:31 AM

Oh sweet!!!