Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Let those you love know every day how you feel, you never know when it's too late (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/let-those-you-love-know-every-day-how-you-feel-you-never-know-when-its-too-late-t116051.html)

charity-crafter 04-14-2011 08:41 AM

I received news that a wonderful man I work with died on Monday. He was out running and fell down. An EMT just happened to be passing by and stopped to help and he was already dead.

He was only 57 yrs old. He looked healthy, he was athletic and fit, and a retired Marine. He looked good in that uniform! He was one of those people who made everyone around him want to do the best they could. You knew he cared about his children, his wife. He was just a great guy all around. The world will be all the more barren without him.

So, go and tell those around you how you feel about them. Your co-workers, family, friends. Give your hubby/spouse a big hug and kiss-let him/her know that you love them and appreciate them.

The person you share an office with, the guy that always makes sure the coffee pot is refilled. Let them know you appreciate them too. (You don't have to love them)

dakotamaid 04-14-2011 08:42 AM

So True. :(

doris.meek13088 04-14-2011 08:48 AM

There are three rules by which I run my life.

Find something to laugh about each day. Our world can be a very funny place if we take the time to look.

Never leave my husband or daughter without telling them that I love them. He and I have been married over 26 years and our daughter is 21 which makes this action rather a habbit at this point. Weither it is ending a phone call or running out to the store I want to make sure the last words they hear from my are a confirmation of my great love for them in the event something happens.

Make somebody smile at least once a day. No matter how you feel that day, giving somebody else the gift of a smile will make it easier for them to give the gift also. At some point if enough of us feel this way we will have a world of smiling people. Not a bad thing at all.

amma 04-14-2011 08:51 AM

(((HUGS))) This is a great reminder (((HUGS)))

ufoqueen 04-14-2011 08:56 AM

In 1998 my husband was critically injured in another state. We spent many long hours in ICU where he lay comatose for a month. My daughters and I remembered that the last thing we said to him were "I love you." He believed in this strongly and we sometimes took it for granted, but those words brought us comfort while we waited for him to wake up. My daughters have passed this down to their children. I'm so glad I caught this habit from my great husband.

Grama Lehr 04-14-2011 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by doris.meek13088
There are three rules by which I run my life.

Find something to laugh about each day. Our world can be a very funny place if we take the time to look.

Never leave my husband or daughter without telling them that I love them. He and I have been married over 26 years and our daughter is 21 which makes this action rather a habit at this point. Either it is ending a phone call or running out to the store I want to make sure the last words they hear from my are a confirmation of my great love for them in the event something happens.

Make somebody smile at least once a day. No matter how you feel that day, giving somebody else the gift of a smile will make it easier for them to give the gift also. At some point if enough of us feel this way we will have a world of smiling people. Not a bad thing at all.

That is exactly the way I feel. My "Baby Girl", who just just turned 30, always end calls with an I LOVE YOU! Same with hubby, the boys, 34 and 32, only say it when they are alone.

carhop 04-14-2011 10:31 AM

My DH left a foot print where ever he went loved to joke around loved old cars and could answer any question you asked about them and I don't go to many car showes because everybody kept saying it's just not as much fun with out Jack and I miss him everyday

lileth1374 04-14-2011 10:42 AM

My best friend died last August of a heart attack. He was only 35. I miss him every day. Every time we saw each other or talked on the phone, we always ended with a hug and an "i love you". Now, I always tell people that I care about that I love them because I may never get another chance.

craftybear 04-14-2011 11:04 AM

thanks, yes I agree as you never know what will happen in a few minutes, hours or days

Tell your friends, family that you love them. Hugs Hugs

Go and visit a neighbor (my neighbor is 90 years old now and she lost her husband 2 years ago) just a phone call or visit makes her day

Also love your pets every day (last Wednesday my Shih Tzu dog Felix got sick, took him to vet on Thursday and Friday to animal hospital and found out he had 6 big bladder stones and had to have surgery Friday night, they couldn't get to some of them to remove and we had to put him down, he would of been 8 years old April 22, 2011

On Sunday I found another dog, shih tzu and she is 5 years old, I went and got her on Monday, she is my little princess, she wears dresses, barretts in her hair and carries and pink purse

I will take her Friday for a hair cut

CarrieAnne 04-14-2011 11:13 AM

thanks for the reminder!