Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   little Guest Bath done (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/little-guest-bath-done-t21899.html)

QuiltyLisa 06-26-2009 02:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
We got the little guest bath done. Finally.!!

The first picture of what inspired the colors. I found this little picture in a junk shop. The Coral and Burmuda blue colors just called my name. The stand up shower and toilet in the bathwere already the burmuda blue color due to finances was not up to replacing those/ Its simple but colorful at the same time.

Picture that inspired the colors
[ATTACH=CONFIG]38589[/ATTACH]

Ninnie 06-26-2009 02:39 PM

Very Cute!

amma 06-26-2009 02:43 PM

I love it!!! Beautiful!!! :D :D :D

Ducky 06-26-2009 02:46 PM

It looks so nice, Lisa....*sigh* Your colors look so coordinated and pretty. Very lovely. How old is your house?

I was anxious to look at your little bathroom, as I was hoping someone's was as small as ours.... Not to be. Our ranch style home was built in the early 50's and we only have one bathroom on the main floor. Let's just say that having more than one person in it makes it crowded! And, of course, our tub and toilet are that same blue. The sink is white. This bathroom has been the bane of my existence for the 22 years we've lived here, but we never seem to have enough money to do much to it.

I was thinking about changing colors in our, and I think you've inspired me! Let's just see what DH feels about that! :roll:

QuiltyLisa 06-26-2009 02:57 PM

Ducky, our house was built in 1935, As you can see the toilet is that Bermuda blue so its called. And the stand up shower is the same color and the 1 sink vanity is white and its small so I was in the same boat.. Hated the bathroom. Was actually embarrassed by it for years. Just have never had the money to do much to it. I took a rag painting class at home depot and I went to Ikea and bought the tall towel rack and the little wicker shelf I think those combined were like $80. and then I found that picture and it was like Eureka! I light bulb went off in my head.I went to Bed,bath and beyond and found the prefect shade of towels and rugs think I spent like $60. and I think I spent all of maybe a few hundred over a couple of months. to finish it off.

Funny what some paint and some towels and a few new accessories can do.

Mousie 06-26-2009 03:24 PM

I really like it! :D

MollieSue 06-26-2009 03:34 PM

I love it Lisa!! It's perfect!! :D :D

And Ducky, I have the same 50's ranch bathroom! Just room to turn around in. lol!!! We just re-did it about 2 yrs ago, DH did all the work. Still just as small, but put in a pedastal sink, etc, to make a bit more room.

Also have a half bath downstairs/basement, and I might copy Lisa's color theme..... :wink:

beachlady 06-26-2009 03:44 PM

Great decorating!

redrummy 06-26-2009 03:56 PM

[I was anxious to look at your little bathroom, as I was hoping someone's was as small as ours.... Not to be.

In my old house I could sit on toilet, wash hands in sink with one foot in tub and other foot pushing door closed all without stretching!! I had a fringed rug and had to cut fringe off to close door. it was 4x5 counting tub!!! now I have enough floor space for a toilet paper storage shelf, room is huge, 4x6 now!!!!!!!!! I can't wash hands and put foot in tub, they are on opposite walls now. but no room for a second person at same time!!!!!!!!!

bearpaw 06-27-2009 08:36 AM

Very nice - great job painting the walls, they came out great!!