Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   looking for a small secret purse (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/looking-small-secret-purse-t68613.html)

kristianne 10-06-2010 05:47 AM

Hello, my name is Kristi. I live in Washington state. I found your group while looking for a secret purse for an elderly woman I know. She needs a new one and I am hoping someone out there will be able to help me. It is smaller than a deck of cards, crocheted, hangs from her bra strap, and holds money. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

ktbb 10-06-2010 06:29 AM

I don't have a pattern but it would be simple to sew up a small bag to fit the requirement.

For a trip down memory lane, we had small purses like this when I was in the Navy years ago and we called them Itty Bitty Ditty Bags...the guys used ditty bags to carry their shaving supplies in...you know, civilian dop kits...and we ladies had to have something to carry mad money around in so the Navy issued us tiny vinly envelope style bags that fit on our dog tag chain and hid in our blouses - they carried a few bills and coins....hadn't thought about them for a while!

tmw 10-06-2010 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by kristianne
Hello, my name is Kristi. I live in Washington state. I found your group while looking for a secret purse for an elderly woman I know. She needs a new one and I am hoping someone out there will be able to help me. It is smaller than a deck of cards, crocheted, hangs from her bra strap, and holds money. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

i saw a little pouch like bag that might work for this, do a search on here ,listed at the top of the main page and type in hidden pockets, at first you will see the jeans pocket and then keep on looking on that site, or on your home page , type in hidden pockets.

kristianne 10-06-2010 07:50 PM

do you think you could figure out how to make one? I would like one made of fabric or crochet for an elderly woman I care for. I would pay you for the work

jitkaau 10-10-2010 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by ktbb
I don't have a pattern but it would be simple to sew up a small bag to fit the requirement.

For a trip down memory lane, we had small purses like this when I was in the Navy years ago and we called them Itty Bitty Ditty Bags...the guys used ditty bags to carry their shaving supplies in...you know, civilian dop kits...and we ladies had to have something to carry mad money around in so the Navy issued us tiny vinly envelope style bags that fit on our dog tag chain and hid in our blouses - they carried a few bills and coins....hadn't thought about them for a while!

I had one of these that my dad gave me when I started dating - for my 'taxi money'...

kristianne 10-11-2010 06:57 PM

well if you are interseted in making one and letting me pay you for you time, let me know. [email protected]