Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The lost thread....and screwdriver... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/lost-thread-screwdriver-t171034.html)

diannemc 12-05-2011 09:55 AM

The lost thread....and screwdriver...

I went the other day and bought a new spool of thread to do some FMQ on a quilt ...It got home with me and I remember picking it up off the table along with my screwdriver I use with my sewing machine!!! Later when I went to get it to wind some bobbins to to get ready to quilt I could not find it! I looked everywhere! In my sewing room, kitchen, in all the garbage cans, and yes even in the freeze and refrigerator!!! No where to be found! I gave up after 2 hours of looking. Decided to just go back to store and get another..but really hated losing my favorite screwdriver! I knew wherever they were they were together! I waited till DH left for work then took off to the store to get another spool. As I was pulling out of our subdivison low and behold there was my spool of thread in the middle of the road! I was so confussed! I just sat there wondering how on earth did it get there!! I was really beginning to worry about myself... Then thank goodness I remembered ! I had gone outside late yesterday to get the cat in because a pit bull was chasing him. I had layed it on the back of DH's truck so I could pick him up and I ran back inside..I was so upset with the dog in the yard I just forgot I had them...Of course the thread had been run over and squashed so had to go get more..when I went up the road a bit there was my screwdriver!!! On the way back I stopped and picked them both up.. Had to unwind some of the dirty thread but think I will can be used for piecing blocks..Would have loved to have seen my face when I saw that thread in the road...

medots 12-05-2011 10:44 AM

Ohh what the mind will do when under stress.

QuiltnNan 12-05-2011 10:50 AM

that's a really funny story - after the frustration, that is

Tartan 12-05-2011 11:24 AM

Glad you found your favourite screw driver and thread. It would have driven me crazy wondering what I did with them if they hadn't been found. Even a little banged up it puts your mind at rest.

nativetexan 12-05-2011 12:18 PM

ha, ha. i'm glad you found it!! i put some Keep Out signs onto the top of my car in the garage thinking i'd see them. well i didn't see them until they flew off of my car and in front of me. I stopped and picked them up. i needed them to put under my Blue Spruce tree the neighborhood kids were making their home. so don't put thing on the car/truck. moral of this story.

auntpiggylpn 12-05-2011 07:20 PM

Thanks for the belly laugh!! I would have loved to see your face when it dawned on you as to how the thread got into the middle of the road!

seamstome 12-05-2011 07:23 PM

Aint it just amazing!

lfstamper 12-05-2011 07:26 PM

Always good to figure things out. I hate when I can't remember what I did with something. You are not alone. Thanks for sharing.

moonwork42029 12-05-2011 07:30 PM

glad you kitten was safe! Drives me crazy when I have to keep looking for things...one of these days, I'm gonna find a huge pile of all my lost stuff...I know I will

booklady 12-05-2011 07:59 PM

sure am glad to know I'm not alone!