Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Loving New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, Canada (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/loving-new-brunswick-nova-scotia-canada-t248740.html)

Kooklabell 06-19-2014 03:31 PM

Loving New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, Canada

My husband and I have been traveling for three weeks in Canada. So many beautiful places, but more significant are the beautiful and gracious people! There are several places selling quilts in Nova Scotia, beautiful hand pieced and quilted - wow. And the hooked rugs. Just incredible work. I'm rather sad that we are now on our way home. If you ever get a chance to see the Bay of Fundy or Peggy's Cove, you just have to go.

MarLeClair 06-19-2014 03:48 PM

I went last year to New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia. Beautiful area but they are a hardy bunch to live there in the winter. I think Peggy's Cove boasts a population of 30 in the winter. Would love to go again.

Jo M 06-19-2014 04:17 PM

Yes, I've been there and you've summed it up well - the people are as grand as the scenery. I have wonderful memories of the visit...especially Cape Breton. I visited the Hooked Rug Museum in Cheticamp and they gave me a quick lesson then asked me to try my hand on the one they were working on. (Not that I was a natural or anything - all the visitors are invited to add a few stitches) It's harder than it looks. I had to take one of their little samples home with me. Saw the Bay of Fundy 25' tides and the reversing falls in St. John that you mention, ate the freshest seafood ever - lobster, clams, scallops..., saw Minky whales, went sea kayaking. Didn't want to head home either. So happy that you enjoyed the trip. It will stay with you forever. Happy Trails.

labtechkty 06-20-2014 05:05 AM

Canada is on my bucket list..hope to go one day..so glad you enjoyed your time together..

JoyjoyMarie 06-20-2014 08:30 AM

We've done old Quebec City, Prince Edward Island, and part of Nova Scotia in different RV trips, and loved them all!! It is beautiful country. I also enjoyed Arcadia Nat'l Park and New England in general on the way home. Still on my bucket list is the topiary gardens in Montreal, and maybe a look out west at the Lake Louise/Bampf area. Just gotta find a way to stretch those dollars!!

Carol34446 06-20-2014 11:17 AM

Many years ago by brother was stationed in Fredericton, NB in RCMP and got married in Feb. I had thought Buffalo, NY was cold, but that hid it beat by far. Never so cold in my life and I was born and raised in Sherbrooke, Que and Buffalo. Lovely place in the summer time, winter you can have it.

Roberta 06-20-2014 01:30 PM

We travelled many years ago from MA up to a dog show in Roothsay, NB and I never met so many wonderful, gracious and helpful folks anywhere. Wish I could go back again sometime when everything isn't covered by snow.

QltrSue 06-21-2014 04:20 AM

The summer after my mom died, hubby and I spent a lovely week in Nova Scotia and PEI. Spent a night in Pictou, went to a Ka-lee (don't know the right spelling, but it was a fiddle concert) and then ferried over to PEI. So beautiful--blooming potato fields, gorgeous coastlines, Anne of Green Gables home. lobster suppers and the friendliest , most down-to-earth, unspoiled people we have ever met! What a healing time that was! Long to go back--maybe someday soon. Have also enjoyed visiting Quebec City and Toronto and hope to get out west to the Canadian Rockies.

fayeberry 06-21-2014 04:30 AM

I've been there and absolutely LOVED it. Canadian Rockies are incredible, too. Canada, my favorite foreign county forever. So beautiful!

grabba 06-21-2014 06:28 AM

Did you get to see the store in Mahone Bay.....it is fatastic, as is their scenery...you would love it...Patty(trasplanted Canadian)