Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Lyme Disease (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/lyme-disease-t131585.html)

Kooklabell 06-19-2011 05:55 AM

Be real careful out there ladies. We're all enjoying our gardens this year - they are so beautiful!

I see, at least in our area, that ticks are heavy this year. I check myself like crazy after coming in from the yard.

But, unfortunately, I was bitten. We got the tick quickly - it had just attached. Almost two weeks later - the rash arrived. I have Lyme Disease! All these years of working in the garden, hiking in the woods, we've always had dogs..... I've been attacked :cry:

Please be careful, check behind you knees, around your hairline and waistline. If you find a tick and remove it, keep watching! It took almost two weeks for the rash to come. I thought it was a dog tick, it was large not itty bitty.

Kookie

sueisallaboutquilts 06-19-2011 05:56 AM

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. I've been checking as well. So far I had poison ivy but that's it.
I hope you're better soon.

amma 06-19-2011 05:56 AM

(((HUGS))) So sorry this happened (((HUGS)))

Kooklabell 06-19-2011 05:57 AM

Thank you Sue! Poison Icky - I hate that! We've got lots of that this year too. It seems to be a great growing year for everything :) Hope your itch is better!

sueisallaboutquilts 06-19-2011 05:59 AM

Patricia, how are they treating you for it???

MissSandra 06-19-2011 06:15 AM

I hope you get different medicine, that does not make you ill, Lyme Disease is awful, our tennet did not spray the yard for ticks last year and has double the ticks this year, although shes finally sprayed she did come down with Lyme and the medicine they give for this is just awful on the body it makes her sick and exausted. Our agreement was she gets cheap rent for her grannie and 5 kids to take care of the property. she can't afford much rent wise with so many mouths to feed although I know she takes good care of the house the yard looks good but she has to spray!!

Candace 06-19-2011 07:32 AM

The scary thing is that the rash doesn't appear all the time and people can and do suffer with Lyme for years before diagnosis:<

Scrap Happy 06-19-2011 07:47 AM

I’m so sorry you got Lyme Disease and hope you are feeling better soon. Thank you for the reminder to be careful. I think of my pets getting it not me (the dobie in my avatar got infected with Lymes Disease when she was about 4.) I wear a baseball cap that is open on top when I walk in the woods – but now that you have reminded me about this I’ll wear a regular one and be more observant. Take care and get better.

ptquilts 06-19-2011 07:53 AM

yes, be sure to get treated. My DIL has chronic Lyme disease, did not get treated in time. She has been through a lot.

hperttula123 06-19-2011 09:07 AM

Sorry to hear that. I had a friend that had it last year. She took a while before she went to the doc and she was in alot of pain.