Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   MIGHT take a 2 week vacation.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/might-take-2-week-vacation-t216477.html)

wordpaintervs 03-15-2013 06:33 PM

MIGHT take a 2 week vacation....

1 Attachment(s)
because 6 people got together with me last Friday .... and stuffed 27 doll bodies for VERY sick kids, I have been able to complete 8 dolls since then. (boy dolls are fast and easy) One boy doll (child buddy) went out Saturday and these 7 are waiting for a child to love them. It makes a total of 158 dolls made for VERY sick kids.

If there are no doll requests that consume all seven, I may take a vacation from dolls for two weeks. If not, I'll just keep on keeping on. I hope you will like seeing the dolls.

I hope none are becoming tired of my posting them. I know several out there enjoy seeing them and hearing about the children. (Most with cancer.)

Vickey Stamps

Sapphire_Rae 03-15-2013 06:38 PM

Darling kids, there Vickey! You've been so busy. I do hope you get a little break.

Chasing Hawk 03-15-2013 06:39 PM

I could never get tired of seeing those beautiful young ladies and handsome young men you create.

Enjoy a few days off and have some fun.

Chase

GirlLivingForJesus 03-15-2013 06:42 PM

That is such a kind thing for you to do! God Bless you! How could I learn to do something like that?

hudgoddess 03-15-2013 07:23 PM

Really nice Vickey! I'm amazed that you make them all different all the time!

chislett 03-15-2013 07:48 PM

This is a very special project and so generous of you!

wordpaintervs 03-15-2013 10:25 PM

I sent you a PM with my email address, so you have the information you asked for.

Vickey

Originally Posted by GirlLivingForJesus (Post 5931087)
That is such a kind thing for you to do! God Bless you! How could I learn to do something like that?

wordpaintervs 03-15-2013 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sapphire_Rae (Post 5931082)
Darling kids, there Vickey! You've been so busy. I do hope you get a little break.

Thanks Sapphire. I am kind of tired and thinking that if possible, a break would be a good thing. We sent out 9 dolls in under 2 weeks (unusual) so I have really been busy trying to build up a supply again. Glad you liked the kids. HUGS

wordpaintervs 03-15-2013 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 5931084)
I could never get tired of seeing those beautiful young ladies and handsome young men you create.

Enjoy a few days off and have some fun.

Chase

thanks so much Chase. I am tired, so maybe this time there will be some more time between sick kids and making dolls. Hugs.

wordpaintervs 03-15-2013 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by hudgoddess (Post 5931147)
Really nice Vickey! I'm amazed that you make them all different all the time!

Thank you Hud. My hubby even agrees (as do I) that they all seem different in some manner. I never know when I begin a doll how it will turn out. I just grab the doll material and it all develops from there. I hug and pray fro each doll always as they are being made (a prayer within my mind), even as they are being sent out, I say the same silent prayer that the right doll goes to the right child and is able to comfort.