Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   More Tile Trivets (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/more-tile-trivets-t21804.html)

zyxquilts 06-25-2009 09:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Amma said she would like to see my new tiles, so here they are. :D
I forgot to take the 'before firing' pics this time - oh well. :wink:
We're having our "Richard Hibbard Chevrolet 2nd Annual Independence Day Celebration Car Show & Craft/Vendor Show" this Saturday & I'm manning the booth for my quilt guild, selling tickets for our current Opportunity Quilt. Since we have a whole booth space, I'm going to have these for sale, along with a few of the criss-cross coasters. If I don't sell them, guess what my family will be getting for Christmas this year? lol

My friend MaryAnn who owns the ceramics shop suggested I do one with a patriotic background since it is our "Independence Day Celebration". I like the way it came out - the bkgrd is sponged on.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]38459[/ATTACH]

sewjoyce 06-25-2009 09:41 AM

I LOVE your tile kitties -- How much are they? Can I buy one????

zyxquilts 06-25-2009 09:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
They are about 6" across.

When I was painting this one, and after the first firing, I was afraid it looked dirty compared to the others with their white tummies. But after the glazing, I am very happy with it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]38461[/ATTACH]

Quilt4u 06-25-2009 09:44 AM

I love them.

zyxquilts 06-25-2009 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
I LOVE your tile kitties -- How much are they? Can I buy one????

Thanks sewjoyce! :D I'll PM you! The other ones I did are here:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/20887.page

zyxquilts 06-25-2009 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Your cats look like Booth cats and Booth was my favorite cartoon years ago. Do you know them?

No Loretta, I don't think I do - I'll have to google them. :D

I forgot to tell my 'story' about these too...
I had started work on them on a Saturday - had parts of all 4 done in one session. But when I went on Monday to finish them up, including doing the black outlines, much to my dismay, my close-up/reading glasses were NOT in my purse! So I squinted a LOT & went slow...LOL I re-traced my steps over the weekend, called & even stopped by the restaurant I had lunch w/my friend, no glasses. Called the grocery store, no glasses. Had Sara check her car, I checked my car - NO GLASSES!! Looked all around the floor by my usual chair, all over the house...all week long, no glasses. UGH!!! I'm about ready to run over to WalMart to get a new pair....and find them under that pile of pillow cases that fell out of the linen cupboard onto me & I set on the ironing board! Sheesh!! LOL

BellaBoo 06-25-2009 10:38 AM

Your trivets are so nice!

Before I got my bifocals I had reading glasses all over the house, the car, at friends houses, in my guild's closet, in every tote and sewing bag. I am still finding them around everywhere. I rarely left the drug store without a new pair. DH is the same way. He has filled up a bucket with his. He lays them down and forgets them. I know he has left a pair on every hardware and sporting goods counter in town. I guess that is why the eye dr. said no need for prescriptions buy the readers, you'll lose a lot of them. :D

amma 06-25-2009 10:54 AM

Sue, these are adorable!!!! :D :D :D I am sure you will have not trouble selling these!!!! :D :D Thanks for posting pictures of them!!!! :D :D :D
I loved doing ceramics and really enjoy seeing other's work :D

PS I have cheap readers stashed everywhere too :lol: 8) :lol:

zyxquilts 06-25-2009 06:45 PM

Problem is, mine aren't the cheap readers! My eyes are opposites, so those won't work for me. It would've been between $100 - $200 to get another pair - ICK! Moot point now tho', thank goodness!! LOL

Thank you Amma! I'm beginning to feel a little more confident in my painting too. It's a lot of fun to do. :D

littlehud 06-25-2009 07:27 PM

Such cute kitties. I love the expressions on their faces.