Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   mp3 players (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/mp3-players-t116503.html)

hlponyfarm 04-16-2011 04:19 AM

I am looking to purchase an mp3 player to listen to audio books. I have never owned one or have any idea how to use one. my plan is to hook it up to speakers in my grooming trailer so I can listen to it when I work. I cannot use ear phones or buds.
So here is my questions.
how big a memory do i need? how many books will it hold? Do I have to down load it on toa flash drive first or does the mp3 player act as a flash and I just down load it straight to that.
when I stop at a section of book can I go back straight to where I left off? thanks for your help in advance! JoAnn

sueisallaboutquilts 04-16-2011 04:26 AM

I have an Ipod with 16 Gbs of memory. I have at least a dozen or more unabridged books on it and I have lots more room.
Mine will resume where I left off.
I don't know anything about not using earbuds though. Mine will play w/o them but I don't like the sound.

I suggest you try them out before you buy anything. Mine is an Apple and i love it.
Hope this helps :)

karenpatrick 04-16-2011 04:27 AM

As to what kind to buy or how much memory you want, that depends on how much you want to pay. YOur player will come with a disk to load on your computer then you can download books in the format required by your player. You will also get a patch cord to load your books directly onto your player. It should go right back to where you were when you close it down. Docking stations to listen to your player are bought separately.

DogHouseMom 04-16-2011 04:32 AM

Ipod's come in many different sizes/prices. My husband insisted I needed the largest capacity Ipod Classic and even after dozens of books and tons of music I haven't scratched the surface of capacity. The nice thing about the Ipod is if your car has a USB you can listen and control through your radio and the car keeps the Ipod charged at the same time. I did buy different ear-buds than the standard Ipod ear-buds as I found those very uncomfortable. Have not tried mine with a docking station though so I have no idea how the sound is. You'll buy and load everything through Itunes on your PC.

sueisallaboutquilts 04-16-2011 04:37 AM

I'm sorry- I left out those important points !!! :D:D

ssgramma 04-16-2011 05:06 AM

I have a memory card in my phone. Not a real "smart" phone either, just a Sony Ericsson Equinox.

ontheriver 04-16-2011 05:40 AM

I put my iPod in a docking station and the sound is great. Station also has radio so I can also listen to news or weather.

Painiacs 04-16-2011 09:54 AM

I have an iPod and it can hood to speakers. It holds a lot! I use it constantly. Can read books, music and get on Internet! I only get on big peter occas. Anymore!!!