Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My 2 year olds generous heart.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-2-year-olds-generous-heart-t143647.html)

Jennifer22206 08-08-2011 01:09 PM

I think I'm raising her right!

DH got sent to Boston for a little over a week. He decided to bring me and our 2 year old DD. On the drive up we stopped in a McDonalds to eat something. DD was hungry and I got a happy meal for her too since I don't eat McDonalds. Both of the Happy Meals had the same toy inside.

Three days later DH was working, and DD and I were in the only "restaurant" somewhat near the hotel - another McDonalds. I ordered her another Happy Meal and I had a water. There was a small girl, maybe 3 or 4 in tears, with her mom in tears too. A man was sitting with them. As we passed by, DD asks me, "Why she sad?" I didn't know.

We sat down, DD opened up her Happy Meal and saw she had another of the same dolls. She looked at me and said, "I have three, I go stop the girl from crying?" And before I knew it, DD was out of her chair, and over to the little girl with the new Happy Meal toy and gave it to her and said, "This for you so you not cry anymore." then DD gave her a big hug and came back to her lunch.

She looked at me, gave me the biggest smile ever and said, "The little girl's not sad anymore Mommy."

I just wanted to share. I'm so proud of my little girl.

blueangel 08-08-2011 01:14 PM

Wasn't that precious.

ptquilts 08-08-2011 01:15 PM

very sweet- you must be doing a good job...

DebbieJJ 08-08-2011 01:16 PM

How precious our little ones are! Give her a hug from us, and tell her how proud we are of her.

Lynneander 08-08-2011 01:16 PM

... just melts your heart!

AKDaffyodil 08-08-2011 01:16 PM

Awww....so sweet!

craftybear 08-08-2011 01:20 PM

that is so cute, thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
I think I'm raising her right!

DH got sent to Boston for a little over a week. He decided to bring me and our 2 year old DD. On the drive up we stopped in a McDonalds to eat something. DD was hungry and I got a happy meal for her too since I don't eat McDonalds. Both of the Happy Meals had the same toy inside.

Three days later DH was working, and DD and I were in the only "restaurant" somewhat near the hotel - another McDonalds. I ordered her another Happy Meal and I had a water. There was a small girl, maybe 3 or 4 in tears, with her mom in tears too. A man was sitting with them. As we passed by, DD asks me, "Why she sad?" I didn't know.

We sat down, DD opened up her Happy Meal and saw she had another of the same dolls. She looked at me and said, "I have three, I go stop the girl from crying?" And before I knew it, DD was out of her chair, and over to the little girl with the new Happy Meal toy and gave it to her and said, "This for you so you not cry anymore." then DD gave her a big hug and came back to her lunch.

She looked at me, gave me the biggest smile ever and said, "The little girl's not sad anymore Mommy."

I just wanted to share. I'm so proud of my little girl.

milp04 08-08-2011 01:21 PM

Aawwhh!! How very sweet- you must be doing a good job. What a precious little girl to learn to be giving at such an early age!

Pam M

scowlkat 08-08-2011 01:21 PM

Awesome! You are obviously doing something right! Wish more kids knew about generosity.

raedar63 08-08-2011 01:41 PM

So precious,what a beautiful story.