Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My Day (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-day-t48543.html)

Chasing Hawk 06-05-2010 10:18 PM

Well today was a wonderful day. My husband and I went to the local nursery to see what she had to offer this year. We are redoing some of the landscaping. So we put 50 dollars aside for next week to start the yard fund. Then off to a rummage sale at a local church. I found some goodies (2 yards of fabric for a summer blouse, a new trash can for my sewing room and a post menopausal quilt book one of those red lady hat books).....lol
Then home for lunch, after that we loaded up the dogs for a ride to a thrift store that is only open two days a week, I find 5 quilting books there for 6 dollars. Oh I forgot yesterday, at Joann's I bought two patterns for those blouses. Then home to do some sewing on my nieces pink turtle quilt. We went into town this evening and I got a couple of yards of a Purple Batik for a blouse and 2 yards of a dark orange fabric. And one of those already smocked dress things where all you do is sew the seam in back and add straps. And a few pieces of material out of the bargain bin.

We planned on landscaping this weekend, but I am going in for out patient surgery Tuesday to have a cyst removed. Anyways, I don't know how long they will not allow me to lift anything so it's lounge about the house week..lol

no1jan 06-06-2010 01:43 AM

Sounds like you picked up some good bargains!

Good luck on your surgery and to a speedy recovery! If nothing else it sounds like you'll have a chance to go over those quilt books!

CarrieAnne 06-06-2010 05:18 AM

Sounds like the perfect day to me! Hope the sugery goes well, and youre feeling better in NO time!

BKinCO 06-06-2010 06:00 AM

Sounds like you hit the jackpot! Enjoy all your goodies and good luck with your surgery!!!

littlehud 06-06-2010 07:12 AM

What a wonderful day. Sounds great. I hope all goes well with your surgery. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

craftybear 06-06-2010 08:39 AM

awesome, sounds like you have been busy and glad you found some quilt books

JoanneS 06-06-2010 11:02 AM

5 books for $6 - you hit the jackpot!

reach for the stars 2 06-06-2010 11:32 AM

Sounds like a good time. Hope everything goes well and you heal quickly.

Chasing Hawk 06-07-2010 08:05 AM

Thanks everyone, I worked on my niece's quilt this weekend. Today I will do the finishing touches on it. Like picking the lint off it and putting the label on it. So it can be mailed tomorrow.
Also today, I and going to make my favorite rice dish so we can have it for dinner tonight and tomorrow night. I have no idea how sore I will be after surgery. So I am trying to get a few things done today so I don't have to worry about it afterwards.

Carol's Quilts 06-07-2010 11:02 AM

Good luck on your surgery, I'll say a prayer for your quick recovery. Relax and take it easy. Let someone else make dinner for YOU!

Maybe you'll find your next project while you're browsing through all those new books!