Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   my fabric bowl addiction (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-fabric-bowl-addiction-t159445.html)

hperttula123 10-10-2011 12:44 PM

6 Attachment(s)
These are really fun to make. I try to wrap them up on the cording when I can't think of anything to do. When I do feel like making them, they whip up really quick.

needles3thread 10-10-2011 12:46 PM

I like these, but have never tried to make them yet.

Dena789 10-10-2011 12:46 PM

Your bowls are very nice! I made a fabric bowl for my sister for Christmas one year. She asked me what she was supposed to do with it. I've never seen it anywhere in her home.

hperttula123 10-10-2011 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by needles3thread
I like these, but have never tried to make them yet.

you should try it. They are fun.

Handcraftsbyjen 10-10-2011 12:49 PM

Heather, if you really like making the bowls, you may also enjoy some of the fabric boxes, flip flops and things made by Auntie's Two has. www.auntiestwo.com

hperttula123 10-10-2011 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Dena789
Your bowls are very nice! I made a fabric bowl for my sister for Christmas one year. She asked me what she was supposed to do with it. I've never seen it anywhere in her home.

At first, I didn't know what to do with mine. I made some for my kids and they put their jewelry in them. I have a couple in my craft room that are filled with pieces of fabrics for a project. I made one for my boyfriend to put his work glasses in(so they don't get left all over the house). So there are lots of ways to use them.

hperttula123 10-10-2011 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Handcraftsbyjen
Heather, if you really like making the bowls, you may also enjoy some of the fabric boxes, flip flops and things made by Auntie's Two has. www.auntiestwo.com

Thanks, I am going to check that site out right now.

Handcraftsbyjen 10-10-2011 12:56 PM

I hope you like her patterns....you may even like some of the bags with the clothesline or the bath mat...I personally like the Nested Boxes. (If you make them taller, you can place a vase in them.) ...after all, as quilters don't we need more quilted/fabric items around the house?!? lol

hperttula123 10-10-2011 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Handcraftsbyjen
I hope you like her patterns....you may even like some of the bags with the clothesline or the bath mat...I personally like the Nested Boxes. (If you make them taller, you can place a vase in them.) ...after all, as quilters don't we need more quilted/fabric items around the house?!? lol

All of her stuff is wonderful. And being a quilter...I can't have enough of anything made out of fabric here!!!! Thanks for the info on that site. :)

kriscraft99 10-10-2011 02:51 PM

oh those are great!